Kawasaki 1100 ZXi, What can you tell me?

goodstuff67

Recruit
Re: Kawasaki 1100 ZXi, What can you tell me?

hey guys hope you can help me out , seems like lots of guys have some knowledge of the zxi 1100.. i have a 96 1100 that has run fine for sooo long. then couple weeks ago , it over heated. made a sound like back firing , and died!! some of the wiring was on the exhaust manifold ,and bare/ melted. this has been fixed , and machine was restarted , and runs fine , but it still over heats!!! i think it is a water pump problem , but don't know exactly where i should flush from ?? and is this pump mechanical or electrical?? where do i find it?? also where does this pump suck in from?? i see a small tube coming out of the jet nozzell , but i am thinking it is the out line?? i have checked underneath , and dosn't appear to be anything in the impeller housing. where does this suck in from???

clock x wizee

Recruit
Re: Kawasaki 1100 ZXi, What can you tell me?

I have a similiar problem. I have owned a '98 kawasaki 1100 zxi for over ten years. The entire engine and everything was just rebuilt, or replaced this spring. It seems to have a bunch of minor problems but nothing major.

-Right now it is experiencing a loss of power/speed. At new top speeds reach anywhere from 60 - 70 MPH. At full RPM(7-8000) it only reachs 35.

-Reguardless of the speed issue it has been on the water a couple of times this year. Last time it was out, a hose connectted to the water pump popped off during riding. It was pulled it onto the beach and the hose was reconnected hours later. On the last run it seemed to take on water and run very sluggish. We repeated to drain the water and the same results. Checked the entire hull and there doesnt seem to be any physical damage or tears. ANY THOUGHTS OR SUGGESTIONS