jetmate performance

1990jetmate

Recruit
I just got this thing, it is my first boat.The problem I have is if I have three people in this thing I can't get it up on a plane. Am I asking to much? I am able to get me my wife and 8yr old old son up if I pull the revese bucket down slightly. There are a few dings on the impeller and I think the clearance to the side is ok. How important is it for the impeller to be perfect? Also is there any engine mods to help this?

1990jetmate

Recruit
Re: jetmate performance

This thing is 650cc kawasaki 2 stroke. What are some cheaper modifications to help power. Can you put a 42mm carb on it without changing the exhaust? Hope some of you gurus can help me.<br />thanks

bbuurma

Cadet

the propeller is kinda important. i had a few small digs in my fx140 (someone sucked a rock init) so we try to take 2 toubes behind it and it wont get upon plane. it also cavitates alot if u gun it right outta the hole

msgwilliams

Recruit

I just got this thing, it is my first boat.The problem I have is if I have three people in this thing I can't get it up on a plane. Am I asking to much? I am able to get me my wife and 8yr old old son up if I pull the revese bucket down slightly. There are a few dings on the impeller and I think the clearance to the side is ok. How important is it for the impeller to be perfect? Also is there any engine mods to help this?
I know it is a little inconv

ient, but have your passengers get right behind you as you power up, mine will reach plane & then they can return to rear seat.

86 century

Ensign

The impeller clearance is pretty important.

I have never done this but I have buddy that swears by it. Take your pump apart and coat the inside of the housing with jbweld make sure its smooth and even.

Or you could find a good used pump on ebay most of the kawasakis are the same in those years.

One out of a tandem sprig will be stainless with a lower pitch.