Yama WaveRunner '89 - won't start; just clicks

t-boat

Recruit
Engine won't turn - only a clicking noise from the electric/ignition box. I removed the cover and the 'clicking' is coming from the Starter Relay Assbly. Is this the problem part or something else?<br /><br />Due to age, if I can't fix it myself, it's over. Your comments or help would be appreciated.

D

DJ

Re: Yama WaveRunner '89 - won't start; just clicks

First off, make sure there isn't anything wound up in the impeller.<br /><br />I had a niece wind up a 50 foot ski rope in the impeller of a Yammy quicker than you can say: :where'd the rope go"? :eek: <br /><br />It took me three hours to cut that mess out. :mad:

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander

be sure battery is good and cables are clean and jump across the solenoid if it cranks when you jump it then replace the solenoid.

AaronG

Petty Officer 1st Class

Really check the cables. THe can be very corroded, and still look serviceable.

Jawollbrink

Recruit

Mine did the same thing, the starter relay is shot. to test it take the cables off the starter relay and touch them together--the starter should turn over. Or disconnect the relay and use an ohm meter set at 20 ohms across the two main posts. if it is good then you should read zero point somehting, if bad One point something.

You can buy a replacement 4 post relay at any lawn mower parts store, I got mine at sears for 12 bucks, they work just fine