Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is purpose of 'bladder case' on Tigershark engine casing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is purpose of 'bladder case' on Tigershark engine casing?

I have a 94 Tigar shark, and noticed one day the remains of a bladder caseing in the bottom of the hull.After examining the parts diagram on line, discovered its the 'magneto bladder casing' Which is on the bottom of the engine. The tigar shark had 2 of these 'accorian pleated' rubber things. one sticks straigh up from the impeller housing, and the other ( broken one) is on the engine caseing. I would figure the one standing up would have broken before the other one. The issue is, unless you have tiny hands, it will be hard to remove the broken bladder. I also notice when I went to feel where the thing was on the engine, the rest of it crumbed in my hand. ( I guess the rubber deteriorated) could I just shove something in the hole and plug it to prevent water from gettin in the engin case, or do I have to replace it . ( I am sure that there are other's out there with theses thing broken off - they look very flimsey)I would need 4 hands to get at it. one to hold a mirror to see up under the exhaust pipe and starter motor, one to hold a flash light, one to manover a pair of long nose pliers, and one to hold my balance as I stand on my head to see up under the engine! I'm not interested in removing the engine to get at this rubber thing!I could get to it to plug the hole!
    Chris

Up a river without a DAM lake!

Re: What is purpose of 'bladder case' on Tigershark engine casing?

Yes they are a pain to get to. It is easier to remove the starter first. Suzuki had the strange idea that they had to have a way releive pressure from the magneto area. Funny how none of the other manufactuors thought that way. Anyway... most of the rebuilders I know either plug it to keep water away from the starter pinion and stator or buy a piece of surgical hose and plug the end of it. The part is only about $8.00 to replace and is a pain, but the pinion gear is reallll expensive and will rust up quick. Some suggest you should spray some WD-40 down the timing sight hole to help displace water and maybe help lube the pinion. Jim

Comment

Working...
    X