PWC Cooling Systems

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander
I don't know much about how the engine is set up in these things, but need to take a look at my son's Tiger Shark. Do they have a seperate water pump for cooling like regular outboards or do they get the cooling water from the drive impeller somehow? Will appreciate any advice on engine running a little hot.

Seaboo2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: PWC Cooling Systems

First may I sugest to you yo consider buying a manual. They (to my knowalage) not have a water pump. Normally if they are running hot you start by checking the fuel mixture.

BiXLL

Petty Officer 1st Class

ski gets cooling water from jet pump. You will see a line (water) going into exhaust manifold. If you have any kind of obstruction in your intake/pump area, you could over heat! Take intake off, look for foriegn objects (sticks, bottle caps, sea weed, ect)

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks for the info, guys. Know where to start looking, now.

MrBill

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Different makes may vary significantly...I'm familiar with Bombardier (Seadoo) machines, and many vary by model. Most (maybe all) of the Seadoo models have a small hole at the base of the tow hook (if equipped) at the rear of the machine which expels water. If there is no flow from this 1/8" hole, an obstruction of some sort is prohibiting proper flow and affecting cooling.

doman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

What engine do you have ? is It 700cc yamaha? if so usually its just the exhaust manifold overheating ..you should be able to touch the manifold everytime you run the ski if its to hot to touch its prolly clogged