Sea Doo winterizing

arks

Lieutenant Commander
What's involved other than running it to flush all the water out? Should I run antifreeze thru it? Should I drain the gas tank or add stabilizer to it (it's a GTI with a seperate oil tank)? It will be under cover, but outside in below freezing temps. I will remove the battery.<br /><br />BTW- it's got a new jet pump and a year-old engine just serviced last month, so I'm not planning to do any other service until spring.

Seaboo2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Sea Doo winterizing

Run all the water out. Run anti freeze thru it (in the fluch area till it runs out the pump). I would fill the tank full and add a stablizer (some prefer to leave it dry but I and most like full). You should fog the cylinders (while running, spray fogging oil till it bogs out). You can pull the plugs and squirt oil in them and spin it over a couple times to be even better (I personally just squirt oil in them and spin it over, no fogging but, you are supose to fog them). Remove the battery. In the summer add battery, screw in new plugs, flush with water, and you are good to go.

arks

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Sea Doo winterizing

Thanks! That info helps a lot.<br /> :)