PWC question for outdrive gang...

rsfeller

Seaman
i'm new to trouble shooting a inconsistant spark issue with PWC and specifically new to a the VR system with such engines. are they not similar to outboard systems?<br /><br />what voltage should i have at the battery during charging...as i'm getting inconsistant and low readings.<br /><br />any ideas to where to begin with intermitant spark?<br />VR?<br />CDI? <br />Coils?<br /><br />thanks all.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: PWC question for outdrive gang...

A 12 volt system should have approx 14 volt at the battery. It could be higher, but not much. These systems are pretty high tech.

rsfeller

Seaman

having low voltage at the battery indicates a bad what?<br /><br />VR? or stator?

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

I sure dont know much about PWC but it seems a manual would be a good place to start.<br /> I think there are some here and try NAPA auto parts. I think there is a site repairmanual.com<br />as well.

rsfeller

Seaman

mike,<br /><br />thank you for you time and consideration. i cannot believe how little knowledge is on ALL BB about PWCs systems!!!!!!!<br /><br />if i had a nickle for every BB where i ask PWC question and someone tells me to "get a book" or "take it the dealer" i'd have a new PWC!!!!!

BiXLL

Petty Officer 1st Class

Shawn, you will get your pwc (yamaha) questions answerd here!<br /> http://216.37.204.5/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=1 <br />The site is down right now for some reason, but the guys on there REALLY know their stuff! Myself, I would look at my coils, and stater for your problem.

rsfeller

Seaman

Thank you Bixill, i'll keep checking back for info.