Hey this is allright !

JGREGORY

Lieutenant
Re: Hey this is allright !

I thought it was a site to be able to rage on jetskiers?? :D :D :D

Specks n Reds

Chief Petty Officer

There is no way one owners of these is going to repair one.<br />They all have there head screwed on backwards<br />All they know is WTO at all times<br />I thought this was a "Boating Forum" not "WaterToys"

denniz

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I know alot of boaters who have there heads on backwards...or in another dark spot that wont be mentioned.....Personally id rather see jetskis than sailing. But that my opinion.. :D

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Me to, Specks n Reds.... Me too....<br /><br />What would be a "sporting" way to get em'? Harpoon maybe? :D

Specks n Reds

Chief Petty Officer

Snapper bait<br /><br />They don't fall in the sport fish catagory, so flounder gigs, bow/arrow, crab traps.<br /><br />And if they get close enoough as you know they will riding your wake my choice is a 8' mono cast-net

denniz

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Specks do you prefer your jetski filleted or whole :D or is it catch and release???

paulgp6022

Petty Officer 1st Class

Easy fellas, all Jet skiers are not bad. There are the few that ruined it for the rest of them.

JGREGORY

Lieutenant

There are alot that ruin it for a few!!<br /><br />Just this weekend in one of the creeks that dumps into Great Bay at the Jersey Shore there were 5 of the darn thing just pass the bridge running around WOT!! The Creek is only about 100-150 feet wide and it is the main waterway to get to the bay from Mystic Islands.<br /><br />So I say Torpedo them ALL!! :mad: :mad:

paulgp6022

Petty Officer 1st Class

Being a former jet skier myself, I can say that there are alot of jerks that ride them (myself excluded).<br /><br /> Ask the guy whose 28 foot four winns me and two of my friends pulled 10 miles down river two summers ago. He lost his engine and our 3 jet skis got him back to the harbor. He no longer thought so badly about PWC riders after that!

All-in-all, the majority of jetski/wave runners or whatever they heck they want to be called these days, (have to be careful or I'm sure a law suit will be pending in this crazy country of ours), back to the subject - the majority of these folks are DANGEROUS! Too young, (Oklahoma legal age to drive one is 12 years old - that's crazy!), WOT, no brains, etc... When I'm pulling my daughters on a tube, ski's or wake board and these idoits follow 10 yards back or cut accross within 10 feet of my kids - I'm ready to turn around and point my bow directly at them and go WOT into them. If my boat was a beater, I would probably do it and I'm not a violent person.<br /><br />Oh yeah, don't want to forget about those who think they own the dock. I'm waiting for 10 minutes to get into the dock so I can go retrieve my truck and when someone pulls away from the dock, these jetski idiots come flying in (WOT again) from nowhere and take my spot without ever waiting. I taught the last one a lesson. I put my fenders up around the front of the boat and pulled in to the spot that I had been waiting on. He came flying in ahead of me, but was quickly moved out of the way by my boat - he did get wet by the way. Hopefully, I taught him a lesson on dock courtesy and waiting your rightful turn.

paulgp6022

Petty Officer 1st Class

Wow 12 is too young. CT law requires that you take and pass a PWC class, and get licensed. Noone under the age of 16 can ride one legally without an adult onboard. Perhaps this is why I haven't seen too many A$$holes on jetskis.....

6MISFITZ

Petty Officer 1st Class

What ever happened to the simple rule, he/she who is captain of the bigger vessel (which just happened to be there first) has the "Right OF Way".<br />It works on the highway, why not on water?<br /><br />OkieBoater, did you leave the motor & outdrive running for the puree/blend setting or put it in neutral and rev the motor for the scare setting? The problem with this approach is that most pwc'rs travel in groups and quickly loose their sense of humour. For the most part, pwc's and I get along well.<br />Lucky for me the ramp I used most was patrolled and those owners (boat or pwc) tying up to do repairs, or use the bathroom, phone or cut in the line of others trying to use the ramp, were quickly told to the tie up to the unprotected rocks on the other side of the ramp at Crystal Beach.<br />Mike.

Mr Mike,<br /><br />No - as much as I would have like to leave it running in gear, I didn't want to take a chance on chopping the guy into little bitty pieces. I acutually cut the motor and drifted in after I had it lined up. As much as I dislike those PWC boneheads, I'd never want to actually do "real" harm to them.

muskyone

Master Chief Petty Officer

i just wish they wold fallow the laws we have for all you pwc riders in wi it's not legal to pull a tube with out a spotter you must have a spotter and be riding a 3 seater ok last weekend i was pulling the kids on a tube and a ^*$%&#$ jet-ski almost hit me he was pulling his girl on a tube and was looking behind him the whole time if he reads this yes that was me that called the cops

cpasseno03

Petty Officer 1st Class

I think a good analogy is mosquitos. They are just like mosquitos, only 99% as annoying. And those big loud cigarette boats are like horseflies... What are they trying to prove? Even on a good day they wont ride smooth anywhere in the parts except the (no wake) river. (also residential) Folks that live on the river would absolutely love to snipe them from the front porches!! :D <br />Craig

sloopy

Commander

just drag a rope 300 hard behind you, then slow down to make a nice good wake, as soon as a pwc crosses you wake it will suck it up! if they complain just tell them your brakes were not working and you needed to slow down! (and yes I know BOATS DON"T HAVE BRAKES!}