gp1300r

Status
Not open for further replies.

wahlejim

Master Chief Petty Officer
I never tow a PWC with a cover on. Even the factory ones are not a tight enough fit for towing, they are made for storage. There is nothing incorporated in these covers to tighten them.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
You can get them online in many places. The OEM ones are designed for towing with their vacuhold technology and literally suck themselves tight to the ski. But be warned. Many have said that towing with the factory cover will damage the finish of the ski. I had one for my very similar GP800r. It was fine and never marked the hull. I now have one for my FXHO and it isn’t fine at all. Towing it only 3 miles scuffed the finish. Just a thought. It’s literallt one of the hottest topics discussed on forums. It’s a 50/50 split on whether to do it or not.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
All my skis to date have come with OEM covers, marked by the factory with the dealer's name. All have had a stretch cord in the outside hem to help tighten it to the gunnel. They also have had a plastic "clip" at the beam to hold it firmly under the rubrail at the beam.

As stated, the vacuhold technology with the rear facing vents makes the covers a joy to trail. I would never even consider traveling with a brand new $16,000 machine without a cover.

My 2015 FXHO factory cover is the best cover I ever had. No issues.

To answer your question, contact the dealer. He should be able top order one, or may have a NOS in the back room.

wahlejim

Master Chief Petty Officer
I will admit in my previous comment, I have never owned new skis with brand new covers, only worn covers that there is no way I would put them on to tow, I would take my chances. Being a 1300r, you are looking at a minimum of 11 years old since they stopped making them in 2008. The cheapest one with vacuhold tech that I have seen is $180 shipped.

The OEM Part number is MWV-UNIGP-00-16

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
I will admit in my previous comment, I have never owned new skis with brand new covers, only worn covers that there is no way I would put them on to tow, I would take my chances. Being a 1300r, you are looking at a minimum of 11 years old since they stopped making them in 2008. The cheapest one with vacuhold tech that I have seen is $180 shipped.

The OEM Part number is MWV-UNIGP-00-16

They’ve been designed to tow with since at least 2002. My gp800r came with this originally in 2002.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Nah, older than that. Our 1995 SeaDoo came with a vacuhold cover.

Amazon has one for just about every 'ski. $129.

dazk14

Ensign
Plenty of GPR covers. We only suggest the OEM Yamaha covers They can be used while towing. That said, if color isn't an issue, than any 2000-2007 GPR (1200-1300) will work.
Jim mentioned Amazon. Ebay used to have quite a few, priced right.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Plenty of GPR covers. We only suggest the OEM Yamaha covers They can be used while towing. That said, if color isn't an issue, than any 2000-2007 GPR (1200-1300) will work.
Jim mentioned Amazon. Ebay used to have quite a few, priced right.

Topic closed
please refrain from posting to old, inactive topics

After 90days w no new posts from whoever started a topic, consider it closed and not to be written in. Like a library book: for reference only

Status
Not open for further replies.