Sport Jet ride plate mount... this doesn't look right...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griff's

Recruit
Hi. I just brought home a 1995 Regal Rush xp with the 120 Sport jet. The boat and trailer were free, gifted from my wife's uncle. It's been sitting for years, uncovered outside.

I started looking over some of the mechanicals and when I got to the ride plate I noticed that one of the mounts looks like it was sawed off. I'm guessing that instead of drilling out a broken or stuck bolt, someone thought that this was the correct repair.

Here's a pic to show what I'm talking about. I guess I'm going to have to get creative in finding a way fix this.

Attachments

• photo311797.jpg
    photo311797.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2

Griff's

Recruit
Thanks. I did find a stainless spacer sitting on the gas tank. Not sure if that's it. Unfortunately, I can't find a picture of the contents of that kit. Hopefully I can source a manual that'll help.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
I’m going to almost certainly bet that the bolt is snapped in the insert that holds it into the hull. A common thing on all things jet related and ride played. Lazy fix is to fill it and seal it up. Get it drilled out and tapped. Make sure the insert is sealed and all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.