Oil priming

Kng15012

Seaman
Seadoo 1998 gtx 951
Okay, so in my previous post. I had to replace my starter and bendix. I got the ski back together. I bled the oil system lines(pre pump lines). I then held the oil pump open and the small lines to cylinders filled. I’ve notice their seems to always be air bubbles in the smaller lines, is this normal?

Kng15012

Seaman
I was considering a premix with the pump also. What is a good premix to run in addition to the pump? Just to see if the pump is working correctly.

alldodge

Staff member
Seadoo 1998 gtx 951
Okay, so in my previous post. I had to replace my starter and bendix. I got the ski back together. I bled the oil system lines(pre pump lines). I then held the oil pump open and the small lines to cylinders filled. I’ve notice their seems to always be air bubbles in the smaller lines, is this normal?

Unable to say for sure but think that would be ok. Can find more folks that know at Green Hulk or seadoo forums

I was considering a premix with the pump also. What is a good premix to run in addition to the pump? Just to see if the pump is working correctly.

https://www.seadooforum.com/threads/pre-mix-ratio-and-brand-of-oil-yall-use.65954/

Brien S

Seaman
Bring the total ratio to 32:1 for a tank. The injection system runs 50:1. I think it's like 1.25oz per gallon, but I'll double check. No there shouldn't be air in the lines. Either the pump still has air or the lines are not a tight fit. How old are the lines ? They should still be soft and flexible, and make sure the cable is adjusted properly.

Last edited:

Kng15012

Seaman
Lines look good. Soft and flexible. When apply light throttle I do get the air bubbles to move towards the cylinders. I will check the connections. But I was thinking about premixing the first tank just cause. So 1.25 oz per gallon should be good?

Kng15012

Seaman
I was considering running seadoo break in procedure oil. Which is 1 quart of oil for the first tank. And monitoring the oil reservoir level. All this after I bleed the system one more time. Just to be sure everything is working. Worse case is it might smoke a lil extra right? 😂

Brien S

Seaman
And fouled plugs. Anything richer than 32:1 is a waste of oil, and you don't want unburnt oil pooling on the tops of the pistons, and will cause excess carbon buildup on the pistons and in the exhaust ports. 1 Quart will mix 8 gallons at 32:1 by itself, then ad another 2.6 oz's per gallon from the system. That's richer than 20:1 for 8 gallons, which is actually to rich even for new pistons and rings as it wont allow the rings to seat very very good during break-in. If you wanted to play it safe, I wouldn't go any richer than 2oz per gallon in the tank. When your ready to put it on the water, just be easy on it for about 10 min., with no more than 1/3-1/2 throttle. Basically just putz around for a bit, but enough rpm to burn the oil and fuel off.