'94 Reflexx 90sports jet 12mph only

R6Yuri

Recruit
Please help me guys! I'm new to boating and don't know much. I bought is '94 Reflexx Because it's a good size boat for me to handle. Anyways this boat will only accelerate TopSpeed 12 mph, there's nothing stuck in the propeller or underneath the boat in that little drain thing. I'm so frustrated with it!!! Im so pist the previous owner sold me this boat like this because I asked if the boat runs good and if it accelerates and how fast it goes. When I accelerate on the it won't go any faster than 12 miles tops but you can hear the RPMs are going up. It has new sark plugs that's all I know and the spark plugs do have a spark.I just don't want to be guessing what's wrong with it and just drop money into things that are not necessary. Sorry I don't even know the right terms, but I hope it's understandable. Meanwhile I'm keeping busy by reupholstering it myself. And a million thanks to anybody that helps me!!!!

Attachments

• photo303203.jpg
    photo303203.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
welcome aboard

you may want to remove your personal email from the post

regarding the 90hp jets in the small bayliners. they were under-powered from the factory, however the boat should get up on plane.

are you running on all cylinders?
What RPM are you running?
what is the results of your compression test?
has the engine gone thru a link-n-sync?
have you inspected the tank
how is the wear ring? Impeller?

H20Rat

Vice Admiral
Sounds like a wear ring or impeller issue, but check all the things scott mentioned.

Not to disappoint, but that boat very likely will be an expensive money pit. It is old and based on an unreliable engine that hasn't been made any more. Finding a mechanic to work on it will be tough, finding parts might be impossible.

southkogs

Staff member
Welcome aboard:

The rules changed a while back and we don't prohibit putting your email in a post, but we strongly recommend against it.

I would also recommend checking the weight of the boat. In the event the hull is in rough shape, maybe you're waterlogged and having trouble beating the weight of the boat.

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,..... Welcome Aboard,...... Yer boat is powered by a jet-ski motor, 'n drive,.....

Not a Mercruiser motor, 'n drive,.....

So,.... I'll move yer thread to the Jet-ski Forum, where more folks will know more about yer issues,.....

R6Yuri

Recruit
I didn't know that about the email, sorry. Omg this is starting to be overwhelming. I'm feeling like I'm way over my head with this. I have checked the gas tank and filter and they're both good. I haven't done a compression test yet. Bear with me I'm a chick, lol. So last night I got up to the stator and it's been a struggle trying to pull it off. I will continue trying to pry it open later this evening. I have no idea what the link and sync is. This weekend I will check every thing you guys have suggested. Some screws are nearly impossible to unscrew. Sorry for posting in the wrong spot I absolutely know nothing about boats. So all this stuff is new to me and I'm just learning as I go. Thank you so much guys for giving me a place to start and look and all the suggestion. I really appreciate it. I will continue working on that and I will post updates.

I bought this boat because I could take it out in the water by myself and not need anybody's help and It's only 14ft. Doesn't look that intimidating to a female,lol.