Seadoo issue

Kyle61

Recruit
I have a 1997 Seadoo GTI . Starts fine idles fine , takes off slowly fine. Full throttle it has a bogging feeling going on and won’t speed up past about 27 mph. Weird thing is I hit a jarring wave and it takes off blasting down the lake perfectly , but when I hit another wave it’s back to bogging.If I hit a jarring wave and it takes off it will fly as long as I don’t let off throttle or hit another wave .

wahlejim

Master Chief Petty Officer
Sounds like your carb isn't popping off as it should. You have mikuni carbs on there and the high speed circuit as activated by psi build up. The needle pushes against a lever that pushes against a spring. Something is sticking in there and it is not popping off at the right time. I would go through and rebuild the carbs (easier on these than you think) and clean it thoroughly. If you still have the gray factory fuel lines, now is the time to change those as well as they react with ethanol and brass and create a green sludge that gets everywhere in your fuel system, including your selector switch.

It seems like a daunting task, but from start to finish will take less than a day.