1998 Kawasaki 750zxi speedometer sensor does not work

dlogvine

Master Chief Petty Officer
I changed the speed sensor a couple years ago, since it was not working all the times. It worked on the start, first several minutes and then was showing speed intermittently. I bought an aftermarket replacement part (i believe it was a new one) but it showed he same behavior, works first couple minsmandmthen the arrow falls down and does not move until next time I take it to the lake. Also i noticed warning lights stopped litting on the start, should i just replace the, or there is any way to replace the light bulb inside? Thank you

wahlejim

Master Chief Petty Officer
In my 2001 1100, the gauges are permanently fixed and can't be replaced. I never found much use for the on board speedo, notoriously inaccurate. I painted over it, put some velcro strips on and attached a GPS speedo and haven't looked back.

Since you did mention issues with other lights, follow the wires coming out of the gauges and there should be a wiring harness in the line. Pull it apart, clean it, put it back together and see if that solves the problems.