95 Baja Sport 120 sportjet no spark

a1cnc

Recruit
I just picked this up with no spark. Supposedly replaced stator(red) With an ohm meter I get 700 ohms across the white/ green and green/white. I do get a high ~2 meg reading to ground on these. I did a voltage test with a regular vom and got 150v ac. It has the adapter between the stator and switch box. After the adapter I get ~ 120v. I get no voltage to the coils from the switchbox. Can someone recommend the next step?
Thanks in advance.

a1cnc

Recruit
Ty,
I will go through the trouble shooting procedure start to finish and see where I go from there

a1cnc

Recruit
Just a follow up, Yeah I know took awhile! I found my Trigger coil, rev limiter and switchbox were bad. I replaced the trigger coil with a new one from CDI electronics (GREAT HELP FROM THEM!) In talking with a guy from cdi he asked if I had the original voltage regulator that you can identify by looking at it. If you can see through the epoxy covering the electronic components it is probably the original. He told me that could have been what caused the other parts to go bad. I replaced the old voltage regulator to ensure the new parts would at least have a fighting chance. I am glad to say It has great spark and runs well. I have taken it out on the lake once so far and my 14' Baja Blast will do 40 going into the wind and 35-36 going down wind. I know I need to rebuild or replace the impeller but I am ecstatic that it goes. I also found someone had tried to marine-tex the wear ring but never opened the hole that was supposed to allow the cooling water to the engine. Yeah it overheated QUICK! I shut it down and paddled back the first time. The second time after I opened the hole it ran great.