Turbojet is all wet!

WSK

Recruit
Just acquired a 94 Seaswirl Squirt, 115 OMC. In preparing to do a compression check I found the two lower cylinders' were full of water. Furthermore I found a waterline around the engine compartment, and halfway up the engine. After removing the air intake the lower carburetor had a half inch of wet oily sludge about even with this waterline. My guess is that the engine compartment was flooded ( maybe during storage w/plugs left in?). If that be the case, the water came in through the intake.
Generously lubricated all cylinders and manually rotated crank to expel most of water. Don't have engine manual yet, hope someone here can shed some light on these questions. If so it is much appreciated.
How does the crank/ pistons, get it's lubrication?
Is there a drain plug I can open to drain and flush any remaining water?
I am aware the cylinders are water cooled, Could there be a crack or leak from the cooling passageways into the cylinders? I did have 120 psi or higher on each cylinder during compression check. Would that level of compression indicate the cylinder walls were in good shape?
Got some good pics, but had errors trying to post.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Some years ago we had a jet go under and suffer water ingestion. We cleared the water the next day, oiled her up and she ran another year. The next year a cooling water line broke and she sank again. This time we dried everything up and had her running the same day. Nevertheless, the engine was toast.

If you read the how-to manuals on water ingestion, its quite clear that time is of the essence. Internal rust starts pretty quick. Based on what you said it looks like it sat wet for some time. I don't have a warm feeling about the long term use of your motor.

Scott06

Vice Admiral
Can't post pictures until you have three posts I believe.

If water sat in engine for any time you're SOL. Assuming this is a 2 stroke it gets lubed by premix of oil with the gas. Doesn't mean it can't be rebuilt though...

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
We've had skis for over 25 years. Some of our old 2-strokes ran for 10 years with only recommended maintenance, and then we sold them and the new owners got a good deal. When we did something stupid and had to rebuild an engine, we seldom got 1 or 2 years out of the rebuild.

Google reman jetski engines and you'll see what I mean.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
If there was water inside the engine damage has been done.----Take this engine apart for inspection !!