Help identifying a part. Please.

unbtabl

Seaman
Can anyone tell me what the piece missing in the pic is called? It goes to the jet on a 96 tigershark 700.

Attachments

• photo286947.jpg
    photo286947.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 0

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I can't see any missing piece. :rolleyes:

Is this your ski or a pic of another? What piece is missing?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
rubber exhaust hose. available at any marina

unbtabl

Seaman
GA_BOATER... One more quick question. Will it start and run for a second without this piece? I'm buying a yamaha waverunner and he's basically giving me the tigershark for free. Stated that this was the only thing preventing it from running. I'm not sure since this will be my first.

GA_Boater

I have no idea.

But with hot, raw exhaust blowing around keep a fire extinguisher at hand. I see oily residue down there.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Rubber marine exhaust hose will do it as mentioned...but only if it hasn’t been modified to a dry exhaust.

jbetzelb

Petty Officer 1st Class
I havent looked at a old tigershark for a while but something else is wrong there. The black water muffler is missing a piece or the engine exaust is not original. A rubber hose goes in there but the size difference isnt right.

unbtabl

Seaman
That was my original question, the missing piece. Ga boater answered. I've pulled up the tigershark manuals and found what I needed. Yes, the difference in size is correct. Tiger shark it's 3" on muffler end and 1.75 on expansion tube. Look it up if you don't believe me. 0610-242 Is part number

GA_Boater

In the parts diagram posted earlier, the tube is tapered. Easily seen if the diagram is zoomed in. My only question was not seeing the inlet to the muffler, but it could be the angle or it's black and hard to see.

Did the tube arrive, unbtabl?

unbtabl

Seaman
In the parts diagram posted earlier, the tube is tapered. Easily seen if the diagram is zoomed in. My only question was not seeing the inlet to the muffler, but it could be the angle or it's black and hard to see.

Did the tube arrive, unbtabl?

Not yet. It should be here by the end of the week. Tigershark parts are hard to find. I see why previous owner never fooled with fixing it. I think I've found a decent source out of ME. I did get in contact with original owner and he said only thing wrong with it was missing tube, carbs need cleaned and a battery. fingers crossed. It was essentially free. Came with an 1100 Yamaha wave venture I bought. When it comes in... I'll update with a pic.

unbtabl

Seaman
Ga boater... here ya go. Just need to put the t-bolt clamps on

Attachments

• photo287339.jpg
    photo287339.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0