My first waverunners

cfauvel

Chief Petty Officer
well I pulled the trigger on two 1997 waverunners.
1 - is a gp1200 with 67 hrs...compression on all 3 cyl registered 130psi.....looks brand new the engine bay looks brand new too.

2 - is a Waveblaster 2- 760 - compression on all 2 cylinder was 140 psi...ditto...looks brand new as well as engine bay. Not a lot of storage though :-(.....

Owner bought these together so both motors have about 67 hrs.

the trailer is freaking awesome, comes with locking storage and 4 5gal gas cans that have a locking mechanism.

Still running the oil pump of each of them....I wonder if I should invest in new pumps for safety sakes.

The 760 smokes a lot at idle and has unburnt oil resider on the plate, similar to my 1986 evinrude. Not sure how the oil injection works if it is variable or it is just a single ratio for all rpms.

going to get a cooler holder for the larger one and steps for both.
Waverunners_4.jpgWaverunners_3.jpgWaverunners_2.jpgWaverunners_1.jpg

jbuote

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Hey cfauvel!!

Those are some good looking machines you got there!
Congrats!! :D

cfauvel

Chief Petty Officer
Hey cfauvel!!

Those are some good looking machines you got there!
Congrats!! :D

Thanks...The pics don't do it justice...I looked at so many that looked great on Craigslist and facebook market place, but when I got there the gel coat was severely oxidised, and bilge nasty, and motor looking rough.

Friday I looked at a pair of 1998 gp800 whose oldest engine was 2 years old...the motors looked great, compression 130+...but everything else was rough.