Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is this SeadDoo Mpep and dress key I am seeing some needing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cfauvel View Post

How can I tell the 700 compared to the 951's?

is a 1996 Seadoo GTI one of the good ones? what about similar year SPX?
    The 951s didn't' come out until 99 I believe, they are usually silver, they get a bad rap because when they do go they grenade and usually destroy the block. The 720 is kind of a dog (85 hp) the 787 motor is the one everyone wants.

This era of seadoo isn't really known for they're cruisers, the models that everyone likes are the sportier SPX and XP, they claim to be a two seater but are really just for one. I have a 97 SPX and really like it, these have a cult following and a lot of aftermarket and forum support.

As for reliabliity, you have to get one that is sorted out or do it yourself, there are a couple achilies heels that cause most of the failures, the biggest of which is the fuel lines, sounds crazy but they have to be changed or will cause the engine to seize.
    2004 Glastron GX235 Volvo Penta 5.0GXi-E (serial # 4012108993) SX outdrive (serial # 4202094192)
    Seadoo and Kawasaki Jetskis

Comment

Thanks for the info "brian 26", that was very helpful. Alas I went with waverunners...but general information like this is great.
      1986 Offshore (OSY) CC 21', 1986 Evinrude 225 hp

Comment

Originally posted by JimS123 View Post

DESS is "Digitally Encoded Security System". SeaDoo has had it on their 'Skis for eons and its clearly described in their Owner's manuals. Or, a 4 second Google will clearly describe it.

Great when working, but defo a constant reliability worry....as with most 2 strokes. The yamaha will be the most reliable of these and easy to work on come time for the enevitable 100hr top end rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by JimS123 View Post

Interesting comment. I have never owned a Yami 2-stroke but know several people that do. They all are late 1990's models and all have many hundreds of hours on the clock. Of course, all have been well maintained by ADULTS, and even though they have been run hard, they were all been put away dry (get my drift......LOL).

Great when working, but defo a constant reliability worry....as with most 2 strokes. The yamaha will be the most reliable of these and easy to work on come time for the enevitable 100hr top end rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by nacseo16 View Post
            Please obsserve the 90day inactivity rule

After 90 days w no new posts by whoever started a topic, consider the topic closed and for research only

Closed
            Last edited by jbcurt00; August 26th, 2019, 10:11 AM.
            Money spent @ Boat Restoration should be measured in Smiles & Pride SHOP IBOATS-BOAT SPECS-FORUM HELP-REPAIR/RESTO

Comment

Working...
            X