oil tank hose

james rodriguez

Recruit
I just purchased a 1993 yamaha pro vxr, and the small hose coming out of the bottom side of the oil tank is corroded its short black and I don't know where it goes
into .....has clip on oil tank side and a corroded clamp on therside but i cant see where it goes into . sorry i;m new to jet ski and dont want to run engine wthout
connecting that small (I assume injector hose)...tks

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
It will likely go to the oil pump on the front of the engine. Hard to see when the engine is fully assembled and exhaust likely in the way.
Other thing to be aware of is that a fair number of skis this age have the oil injection system disconnected and converted to pre mix.
Ways to tell might be the lack of oil pump (perhaps cable tied away somewhere. Also if there is a low oil alarm, most need to disconnect this when pre mix to stop alarm. Either by shorting out sender wires or by cable tying the float switch in the up position. This is located in top of oil tank and usually part of the pull out filter.
Not too familiar with this ski. But the above won?t be far off.
Historically the Yamaha oil injection pumps don?t fail, but the bits round about it do, like fittings and pipe work.