seadoo XP - nothing happens when I hit the red button

Seadooxp1

Recruit
Out riding the other day with my son and we did a 180, and then the ski just went dead. upon investigation, the grey box (ebox?) came dislodged and was bouncing around. A couple cables came unplugged and I was able to plug them back in, yet still nothing happened when I hit the red button to start. wiggled the Dess key and unplugged and plugged back in. still nothing. Checked the 3 fuses in the ebox and the fuses in the coil area. All fuses were good. I took the box out, thinking I need fried something in the MPEM. I put it back in just to check one more time. when i plugged the plug into the starter and put the key on the post, it beeped once, but doesn't start. I tried following a video to check resistance on the wires coming out of the MPEM, I wasn't getting the readings as the video. was getting "L" "load" on the resistance with several wires...I honestly don't know if I was doing the diagnosis correctly. I'm not very good at troubleshooting electrical. One other piece of information, prior to this incident, we tipped the ski over to see if there was some weeds underneath and the starter went on it's own.

Looking for some help Please.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
You have a loose connection or two. Or the kill switch lanyard is still on your PFD or wrist.

Please - Only one thread on your problem, it won't be fixed twice as fast with two threads going.

Seadooxp1

Recruit
I accidentally hit post twice. First time. No I guarantee my lanyard is not on my wrist and I don't understand why you mean having a loose connection or two. Why connections might that be?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Think about it - Your ECU was flopping around and cables were unplugged from the flopping and the starter engaged while clearing the weeds. Check every connection and examine the pins in the plugs.

You need a manual to use the troubleshooting charts.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Don't suppose you tried to jump start it from a running engine ? They don't take well to this and will blow the rectifier for sure and as a minimum. Made that mistake once more than I'd have liked.