Sea Ryder sportjet90 NEW owner ....PROJECT RESURRECTION

ChevyBrit

Cadet
Hi Guys new to the forum, new to Boats but not new to engines 2 strokes and anything mechanical... I picked up a Sea Ryder sea raider i think with a sportjet90
and before i try to fire it up i wanted to go over some basics ive learnt here like the compression test.. connect a water hose clean the carbs flush the tank check for a spark etc etc .. one thing im looking for is a manual .. a thread suggested they're on here but i cant find a link ... can someone point a newb in the right direction ??
Cheers

ChevyBrit

Cadet
Found a manual, found the dealer hose to run water through the engine while testing out of the water and completed a compression test too...

ChevyBrit

Cadet
Boat_zpskxtgild5.jpg

hoping my documenting this will be of help to someone else ...

Last edited:

ChevyBrit

Cadet
Found the hose to connect my water supply to, on this boat its on the starboard side toward the rear of the motor ....

hose%20fitting_zps0xti1um6.jpg

I'll have a look around for a fitting to connect up ....

hose%20starboard%20side_zpso92ajvre.jpg

Last edited:

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
None of your photos show up

The searaider with a sport jet 90 is not a stellar performer. They make a bunch of noise, however are a bit slow

ChevyBrit

Cadet
I also pulled the plugs and was happy to see a pretty good colour ... on a 2 stroke it'll tell you a lot. A nice biscuit colour on the centre electrode shielding is a good indication that it was running fine when it was last pulled out of the water.

Plug_zps74xhjmhs.jpg

Attachments

• Plug.jpg
    Plug.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: