1996 Polaris SLT 780

alldodge

Staff member
Not terrible but not good either. With both your just going to carbon up plugs and reed valves. The good part is the extra oil makes sure your not going to burn the motor up from lack of oil

alldodge

Staff member
I'll just say that many have done it because they worried about the oiler giving out. It will just smoke some at idle

savetexomabeaches

Chief Petty Officer
Here's my plan. Since I just cleaned carbs, waiting on New gaskets to show up, going to put carbs in set to stock settings. Not run premix . Cut 1/4 spark wire off each wire. Check plugs and clean them or replace (spark plug replacement??) Pull hose going into gas tank and make sure its good. Add some seafoam. See what happens.

side note: my gas selector only has on off, no reserve. I do have a spare selector that has reserve. Should I install that one? I also have a fuel cap for the reserve

alldodge

Staff member
I think seafoam is snake oil but that's just me
A reserve requires the intake hose to be higher off the bottom of the tank then the other one. If you watch your fuel gauge I don't see any reason for a reserve

wahlejim

Master Chief Petty Officer
By fuel cap, do you mean entire fuel pick up unit? If so, that may solve your gauge problem. The bottoms of those units give out and the float drops out of them, which is what causes the failure of the fuel gauge, but usually it fails to empty, not to full. If it is reading full, you may have a bad ground somewhere.

savetexomabeaches

Chief Petty Officer
I have the fuel pick up that twists on and has 2 hoses dropping in to the tank and also I have a fuel sender/float that screws onto the tank. ( basically every thing from a spare 750)