90 Kawasaki TS650 idels but won't thrust forward

Crizzel

Recruit
Ok, so let's begin with I'm a noob to jetskis, I'm familiar with mechanical machines both gas and electric powered. Basically I was at the river yesterday getting ready to put the ski on to its trailer during This period I was doing a couple more water donuts (hahaha) as I was comming out of the donut to pull in to the trailer the ski lost all its power. It revs fine motor seems to be running solid but the impeller is NOT moving. I have checked the intake grate for debris and ther is nothing jamming the impeller. I have tried to turn the impeller by hand and I can NOT turn it. Motor will start and run and even rev but the impeller does not move. While it was in the water it would still idel me forward around 2 mph but reving the engine higher did no change in speed and would only continue to idel at around 2 mph (2mph is a guesstiment since I don't have a speedometer.) when I open up the motor bay I can see the drive shaft spinning.

Update: I apologize again I am a noob, the impeller is spinning I had to look at it from the bottom where the intake grate is, the impeller is definitely spinning. Is it possible I sucked some thing in to the intake grate and it fell out while transporting it back home? Or do I have another issue? Thanks.

Last edited:

alldodge

Staff member
Update: I apologize again I am a noob, the impeller is spinning I had to look at it from the bottom where the intake grate is, the impeller is definitely spinning. Is it possible I sucked some thing in to the intake grate and it fell out while transporting it back home? Or do I have another issue? Thanks.

Yep, entirely possible. I would suggest removing the exit cone and look up inside from the rear. This way you have a clear view of the impeller