What can I expect?

Rentaltux

Seaman
I currently have a 4 blade 21 pitch aluminum Hustler and just picked up a 4 blade 20 pitch stainless Apollo. What do you think I should see different as far as rpm at wot, top speed and hole shot? I am going to try it out this weekend but just wanted your thoughts?

Thanks,
R

Starcraft5834

Lieutenant Commander
Re: What can I expect?

you tell us,,, I would not think much would change.. your props are almost same except for material

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Slight improvement in efficiency due to thinner SS blades. Hustler has everything else going for it. Is the Apollo ported? Is the Hustler? My Hustler is. If ported or not, expect different hole shots depending, even though the 4 blade will give you more thrust if the engine can supply the ponies "Outta-da-hole". If ported, to get the performance that they supply, the hole size has to match your setup.....too small, no effect, too large, too much over revving and low speeds till it locks up.....seals off the holes due to boat speed which is at some speed after you plane out. Other thing the 4 blade will hold cruising attitude better than the 3 blade and you won't be on the throttle as often in cruise/loafing speeds. That's what I read on here about 4 vs 3 blade props.

Mark

Rentaltux

Seaman

Well I went out and gave it a run. I wasn't expecting to much to change but I have to say it does feel much better. I am not sure quite how to explain it but it feels "cleaner" with more snap if that makes any sense to anyone. My hole shot has improved and it seems to spin up and get to wot quicker. I gained a bit of rpm. I am at about 4700 now and was at about 4500. My speedo decided to quit and forgot my gps so no data there but it feels faster:)

R