Prop-Evinrude Problem

devildg4671

Seaman Apprentice
Hello,
I purchased a Michigan Wheel Apollo Stainless Steel 3 blade prop recently for a my 1999 Evinrude 50hp 4-stroke,
It came with the prop, thrust washer and hub. The problem I'm encountering, after installing it and gently tightening down the prop nut to put the cotter pin in the prop doesn't spin freely. It appears it's pressed against the lower unit.

I doubled checked the prop and it's the correct one.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Re: Prop-Evinrude Problem

you will have to change the rear spacer.some manf also call it a thrust washer(rear).I had to do this with mine also (2011 60hp etec)I have 3 or 4 props I use depending on the circumstances.stock brp,sst,4blade solas,3 blade Michigan wheel.

devildg4671

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for info. Do you know where I could find one ? I just browsed the net and could find anything other than washers, spacers(Propeller spacers usually go between the prop and the washer or nut.) and thrust washers.

82rude

Rear Admiral

you say your new prop came with a thrust washer correct?use the old omc one and you might get the proper fit.to be 100 percent sure were not getting confused here its part number 72 in the evinrude parts catalogue and is called a thrust bushing.you are saying that you used the new one from mich wheel and your getting the issue correct?