Will Suzuki 13 spline prop to fit omc 13 spline ?

phillnjack2

Ensign
I would like to know if a propeller that fits a suzuki 13 tooth spline dt60 75 etc will fit an omc 13 spline.
My engine is a 1995 60hp 3 cylinder, same props to fit mine are from 1973 to atleast 2000,the 85hp 0mc and 140hp omc props fit mine and vice versa.
the prop ive come across is a Suzuki 13x21 stainless prop ,the part no: 58100-94571 Type: VS2100
the guy says it fits the Suzuki models:
DF60/70 1998-2009

DT60/ 70 / 75 / 85 / 90 / 100 / 115 / 140 1986-2000
ive been toldthe hub part that goes into the gearcase is around 3 3/4 inch.

Will this fit my gearbox and spline etc, im 100% ok with the diameter and pitch,

its the hub and spline i need to know about

does anyone know if the splines are the same size ? both are 13 toothe.

phill

phillnjack2

Ensign
Re: Will Suzuki 13 spline prop to fit omc 13 spline ?

if you know the diameter of a suzuki 13 spline prop shaft
or omc 13 spline prop shaft will also be good
then i just have to find how deep or shallow each hub is

phill

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

I checked props for the Suzuki, and 2 sizes for OMC they don't seem to match.
You may want to confirm by looking them up here in the new prop section.

phillnjack2

Ensign

i looked everywhere and cannot find the size of the splines of either of them.
they are both 13 spline and the hubs are around the same size.
But i need to know the spline sizes of both of them.

i have not found any info here on iboats about the propshaft spline sizes.

omc do about 5 different size splines/hubs .. for a start there is the v6 then the v4 that also
includes the 3 cylinders then the 50hp 2 cylinders then down at the 20 and 30hp sizes etc.
the suzuki 30 and 40 are different sizes and also just 10 spline, then the 13 spline comes in but no size for the diameter of the shaftthen the v6 and 4 strokes.
looking up props to buy isnt easy as ive come across hub kits that are supposed to be different,yet in reality are not.
Like the yamaha 85hp fits the omc 3 cylinder and the older v4 omc..according to many prop sellers they dont fit each other !!!!!!
I have put 1 prop on each of these engines and it fits each one perfectly.

once i find a shaft diameter then i can see whats what....

nobody seems to know anything about the actual shafts.

phill

Last edited:

trendsetter240

Lieutenant

I can't say for sure but they require different hub kits even though they are both 13 spline.

If it doesn't fit you could always take it to a prop shop and have a new hub pressed in.

phillnjack2

Ensign

I just got a message from a guy who sells props.
He says yes it will fit the spline perfectly, i just need a different thrust washer and a
different washer at the nut end.

Will let everyone know for sure if i get this prop and fit to my engine, obviously will also put a picture.

thanks for everyones help and will update for sure.

phill

sublauxation

Lieutenant

The splines will line up but I'm pretty sure the diameter of the prop housing will likely be different between an OMC prop and a Suzuki prop. Maybe the new thrust washer will push the prop further from the outboard prop housing but I'm not sure. I can put any OMC prop on my ETEC but I accidentally bough a Turning Point prop that wasn't specific to an OMC and it wouldn't slide down far enough, it rubbed against the outboard's prop housing. Hope this makes sense.

phillnjack2

Ensign

Yeah that does make a lot of sense, some housings are a touch bigger and some a touch smaller.
I wont be going for this prop now anyway,but i will try one just to satisfy myself when given the chance.
A few people have said it would fit.
Now also a lot of props fit if they have inter-changable hub skits,like those wherethe bushings just slide out etc.
I will now probably be going for a Raker or renegade anyway.
But still want to know 100% about the suzuki prop,incase i ever see a mega cheap one for spare etc.

phill

sublauxation

Lieutenant

Hope whatever prop you get works. Turning Point props have interchangeable hubs but from my experience, at least for a 90 ETEC, they actually make a different prop for OMC because the housing is smaller in diameter by about 3/16 of an inch. Maybe the thrust washer will help but it seems strange that Turning Point would go through the hassle of making a different prop if you could just get a new washer....at least for a 90Hp.