X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gdeangel
    started a topic Anyone try Using JB Weld to "fill" a ding

Anyone try Using JB Weld to "fill" a ding

I churned the bottom a couple of times this weekend - stay away from West Branch State Park / Kirwan Lake - and my prop edge got a little filed here and there but there is one genuine ding where the steel sheared a little and pulled back from the edge of the prop blade. I bent it back with a hammer and some pliers but it's still got some roughness. I was thinking of filling the gouge with some JB Weld and then file down following the contour of the original blade as best I can. Is there any disadvantage to do that vs. just file down the ding right off to the point where the crack / crease ends? I am looking at a crease that is about 2-3 mm long.

Thanks.

• jondavies
    replied
    Re: Anyone try Using JB Weld to "fill" a ding

Originally posted by gdeangel View Post
    What's a good prop shop to use in the Cleveland area?
    Google prop repair and you will find several places that will take care of it via mail. I was pretty pleased with Prop MD.

Leave a comment:

• scott8058
    replied

That i don't know i just called my local marina and they pointed me in the right direction......good luck!

Leave a comment:

• gdeangel
    replied

Originally posted by scott8058 View Post
    Have you looked into the cost of having it repaired professionally? I would worry about a blade being bent even if you fix the crease and it running bad. I drug my prop up the ramp once and it was only $30 to get fixed.
    What's a good prop shop to use in the Cleveland area?

Leave a comment:

• scott8058
    replied

Have you looked into the cost of having it repaired professionally? I would worry about a blade being bent even if you fix the crease and it running bad. I drug my prop up the ramp once and it was only $30 to get fixed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X