Which prop for my boat/engine

Vision91

Petty Officer 3rd Class
hey there im currently looking at purchasing a new prop for my boat. at the moment i have either the factory prop or a remanufactured one its a 13x19 on a 1972 mercury 1150 115hp thunderbolt. ive been reading old posts on here but the issue with most of them is the boats are newer..mine is a 1991 Vision 16.5 ft bass boat. some more info on the boat that i know of is it was 100% hand laid fiberglass boat...the hull is a fast design. not sure on the weight of it since there isnt much info on these boats since the factory went up in flames a while back. right now im getting 40 to 42 mph out of it right now and maybe around 5000 rpm by sound no rpm gauge. i know its possible to get more out of it since i talked to a guy that had the same engine as i do and the same length boat and did around 55 to 60 mph...passed me like i was standing still. im goin to be doing fishing tournaments here soon and i need that hole shot and the speed that goes with it, any help or advice on this would help me out a lot

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Re: Which prop for my boat/engine

Place a induction tach and full throttle with your current prop, check if inside safe factory rpm parameters stated for your engine and work from there how much you are under or over proped.

Happy Boating