Castle nut 3/8'' short of the cotter pin

TALMADGE40

Cadet
Can i use s.s. washers to make the castle nut line up with the cotter pin or will that effect the prop performance??

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Castle nut 3/8'' short of the cotter pin

Can i use s.s. washers to make the castle nut line up with the cotter pin or will that effect the prop performance??

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,... Sounds like ya got the Wrong prop, or the Wrong thrust hub for it.....

Got any Pictures,..?? What are We workin' on,..??

TALMADGE40

Cadet

ayuh,.... Welcome aboard,... Sounds like ya got the wrong prop, or the wrong thrust hub for it.....

Got any pictures,..?? What are we workin' on,..??

2006 yamaha f90tlr i bought the prop from iboats its a hustler 21 pitch and hub kit 30 on the box it says that it fits a bunch of different motors. It seems like it wouldn't effect the prop any, i was just looking for some advice before i put the prop in the water and screw something up.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

2006 yamaha f90tlr i bought the prop from iboats its a hustler 21 pitch and hub kit 30 on the box it says that it fits a bunch of different motors. It seems like it wouldn't effect the prop any, i was just looking for some advice before i put the prop in the water and screw something up.

Some come with their own thrust washer, or may need a different one from the engine OEM and you have to purchase it as an additional item. If so, remove your existing one and use the new one. Also check the washer ID to see if it is tapered. If so, ensure that you install it with the taper to match the taper on your prop shaft.

Mark

TALMADGE40

Cadet

alright thank you Mark, it would be nice if what i ordered actually fit right the first time. Thank you for your reply