Prop Repair Costs?

Topol_86

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has had a prop repaired and if so, an average cost I should expect. I have a 13.75"x15" that has a bent fin. No dings/notches/missing chunks. Found a local guy that does prop repair and quoted $60 CDN to repair. Wondering if this price is about right, or lower/higher than anywhere else. Thanks in advance.

MRS

Commander
Re: Prop Repair Costs?

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has had a prop repaired and if so, an average cost I should expect. I have a 13.75"x15" that has a bent fin. No dings/notches/missing chunks. Found a local guy that does prop repair and quoted $60 CDN to repair. Wondering if this price is about right, or lower/higher than anywhere else. Thanks in advance.

Thats what I pay here but if it is stainless it is 125 bucks:eek:.....
I did order a new prop. from iboats on sale for 90 some bucks will get my stainless repaired later:).

Last edited:

rthomas

Petty Officer 2nd Class

the local place charges $72, and Ive got to say every prop they've done for me has been better than new.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

I would say that $60 cdn is reasonable. If it turned out to be a slight bend that would take a couple of whacks on a pitch block and a check of the other blades
maybe they might charge less.But I think most shops have a flat rate for a typical repair on a certain size prop.

Topol_86

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for the responses guys, I thought it sounded pretty reasonable, just wanted to have some feedback before I went and spent the money.

nor2345

Cadet

I just paid $67.00 (includes pick-up and tax), to have my 14x11 dual thrust aluminum prop repaired.

Brewman61

Ensign

I pay my prop guy about $45 to revive my AL 3 blade 14.25" prop. So $60 CDN seems pretty good to me. Compare your rebuild cost against the cost of a replacement prop to see if it's worth it to rebuild vs new.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

Hey guys, this topic is from April.I'm surprised I noticed.