propeller for mercury 20 HP 1976

merc20076

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a mercury 20 HP (Merc.200) 1976 and I need a new propeller, it came off. I've had a 9X9 but my motor was turning very very fast at full throttle. Did'nt give more speed between ? to full. I'm looking for a 11 pitch 3 blades propeller. I need a propeller with 8 splines. Many of them are 10. I've looked also for 8-15HP propellers for 1986 and younger and they have also props with 8 splines same thing as my 20 hp mercury.

Do they fit on my outboard, I would need a 11X10 3 blades props, my boat is in aluminum. I do not have a pontoon.

corm

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: propeller for mercury 20 HP 1976

Hi,

They make a 9x9 3 blade or a 9x11 2 blade for your engine.
The 11"Pitch used to be the std prop but when the false floor and cushy seats came along Merc dropped the pitch down to compensate for the added weight of the boat. If you AL hull is of the bare floor type you can run the 11" with no problems. There is not much of a selection for the old 20's anymore that I know of. I do not know if the newer 3 bladed props will fit with the same spline. I never tried it. I think the hubs are a different length and a different thrust hub.
Michigan Wheel may make a prop for your engine still if Merc does not.