prop advise for 93 crowline 210 ccr

Status
Not open for further replies.

zdzichu

Recruit
Hi, new to boats here! :redface:
Just purchased a 1993 crownline 210 ccr, with 5.0 lx mericrusier, 205 hp., 350 hrs.
Tested on water twice and struggling to get out of the hole.
Speedometer doesn't work, rpm @ full throttle 4600, 60 gal. of fuel, 5 people (650 lb.), extra wheights on bow 75 lb., trim tabs. No numbers on the prop itself, but has 3 blades, after mesurement 14.5" dia., aluminum.
Looking to pool skis. Did some reading on this forum and thinking, that the prop needs to be changed. Please advise.:

burp

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: prop advise for 93 crowline 210 ccr

zd, The 210CCR is one heavy boat. A 4 blade or even a 5 blade prop will help with the hole shot....but 5 people and a 5.0L engine isn't going to help you. Using the trim tabs is a must. Once, I was on a 210CCR with a 5.7L engine (no trim tabs) and 4 people and it took a little time to get up on plane.

zdzichu

Recruit

Hi. I'm back with more info and still looking to change the prop.
Spent some time on reding forums here, very helpfull for newbies like myself - thanks.
Used the boat 8 more times, since last time here. Problem still the same.
Info on the boat:
1-1993 crownline 210ccr
2-length 21' , width - 8.5', base weight - 3900lb.
3- four people, 40gal+/- fuel
4- use boat to pull 1 tube or 1 skier
5- boat is Deep Vee with 18'' deadrise
6- motor '93 mercruiser, 5.0lx
7-230hp, 1.50 gear raio (alpha one- gen-II)
8- recomended wot range 4200-4600
9- gps top speed 40- 42mph
10-
11- does have trim tabs and hydrafoil stabilizer
12- not sure make- model on prop, but is 3-blade aluminium, 14.5" dia. &
19"pitch
13- wot rpm with 4 people and roughly 40gal. of gas is 4600-4700 rpm
14- lake elevation around 600'
15- looking to get on plane faster and maybe to stay on plane at lower speed

Thanks.

supercab78

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I plan on looking at that same kind of boat to buy. Also a 205 hp. You have me a little concerned. Have you resolved anything yet? Since this is your first boat what are you judging your plan time against? I talked to the guy that owns one for sale, he "claims" he has pulled two wakeboards at the same time.

zdzichu

Recruit

Sorry for delay. I live in north-east and didn't go to the lake yet.
Problem still the same. Still looking to buy different prop.

supercab78

Petty Officer 2nd Class

No problem, I looked at the 92 210 ccr and decided I'm not interest. Wasn't in good shape at all. It was a big boat though, very wide. I could see why a 205 hp would take some time to plane off. A less pitched prop will give you a better hole shot with loss of top end. The size of the prop is usually written inside the hub, behind the nut.

Lorena

Recruit
This is a very old thread but I am wondering if anyone has advice for if this gentleman ever found the answer we are having the same situation we have the same exact boat it is 4 years old having a very difficult time getting it out of the hole wirh17 pitch 3 blade prop

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Hello Lorens, and :welcome: to iboats.

We prefer members not post to old threads, as stated in our FORUM RULES, which I'm sure you read before you signed up.

Specifically, #12. "Please do not post to threads that have been inactive for more than 3 months UNLESS you are the original poster. We have very active forums and any thread that remains inactive for that long should be considered "dead". It is especially confusing when there is an entirely new question posted to an old thread. This is considered a hijack. Please start a new thread of your own."

Most problems on boats, while they appears to have the same symptoms, most often have a very different root cause.

I will close this thread, and that will enable you to start your own thread.

Thank you for your understanding.

Chris.........
iboats forum moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.