Stiletto Prop on 1999 Volvo Penta Stern 4.3L

bjiboats

Recruit
I have replaced aluminium props before, but just bought a Stiletto Stainless Steel Prop. It fits on the stern drive fine, but the thrust washer is not flush with the new prop like the old aluminum prop. The new prop is about a 1/4 inch too high on the drive. Is there a specific thrust washer that goes with the Stiletto or is it just the wrong prop?

Thanks,
Brett

Tail_Gunner

Admiral
Re: Stiletto Prop on 1999 Volvo Penta Stern 4.3L

They do fit quite snuggly on and may require a little nudgeing, but before you nudge it........do you have the part no. for the prop and the dirve type i assume it's a sx drive but ya never no..

walleyehed

Admiral

The Factory original washer should work if the prop is for a Volvo...if not, the thrust washer you have may be for another after-market prop.

bjiboats

Recruit

They do fit quite snuggly on and may require a little nudgeing, but before you nudge it........do you have the part no. for the prop and the dirve type i assume it's a sx drive but ya never no..

Part Number 40321. Cobra SX
Stern Drive

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

That looks right, i had to take a 2x4 and lay it on the barrel and pop it a few time's to get it on squarely, but WH is a far better source than i for such thing's...

bjiboats

Recruit

Was able to screw it down very tight and it caused the propeller to go flush with the thrust washer. Thanks for your help.
Brett