Merc advertisng

Tail_Gunner

Admiral
Any of you guy's notice Merc's adverstisng there prop's on the I-boats header........come on Merc get that Enternia here at a god price....;)

andy1canada

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Merc advertisng

Hey Gunner!

I read your reply to Maps and it sounds like your boat is fairly close to mine in size/weight/power.

If you have a moment, pls read my post 'Mercruiser prop help!'.

First off, I need to advise that I'm not absolutely certain about my stated max/speed (42mph @ 4700-4800/WOT). That info came from my (used) Lowrance (LMS-350A) Sonar/GPS unit that I am still in the process of learning about. I have the transome/mount (spinning wheel) speed sensor and I'm not certain as to its accuracy or, if the MPH displayed on the monitor is actually displaying the wheel's data vs. an actual GPS satillite reading. Need to confirm this I suppose.

Regardless, I still feel there is more speed there to be had with the right prop.
After I sand and repaint the bottom I'm hoping to bust the '50-mph' threshold ("Wharp-factor 5 Keptain!") or close to it.

Knowing that I may have to 'eat' whatever prop I choose, and after reading about the additional 'lift' gained from a 4-blade, I'm not so sure I should go with a 3-blade now. If I only loose 1 or 2/mph on the top with a 4-blade but gain better hole-shot (for pulling skiier's/tuber's) and get more of the boat out of the water when cruising (more speed/better fuel economy), then maybe I'll catch them 'Klingon's' after all.

Ya think?

Cheers,
Terry