best prop for 99 rinker?

beenpimpin

Recruit
I have a 99 rinker captiva 192 with a i/o mercruiser 4.3 190hp....anyone know what the best prop would be for that boat....best top end andfor pulling skis? thanks for your time

andy1canada

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: best prop for 99 rinker?

Hey BP'n...

Welcome to iboats. I'm new like you...

I'm going through the same thing as you are. Just dropped a new 4.3/MPI/220hp in my (3500/lb) Zeta. I'm trying out the prop (4-blade/18p/alum) that was on the old 305/Chevy we pulled out of her before the repower. The engine's not broken-in yet but we ran her out briefly to see what the prop would give us: 42mph @ 4700-4800rpm.

The Mercury Marine website/test data (performance figures on new boats with the same engine I have) claims a boat of my size/weight should be hitting about 50mph or better. All the high numbers came from 3-blade/SS/14X19pitch props.

So, I checked out the Mercury Marine -prop selector- then entered the data for my boat and it suggested the same - a 14" X 19p prop. (Vengence/Enertia/Laser etc)

So... looks like I'm going to drop some coin. Maybe watch ebay for a bit and see if I can snag a deal.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Terry