Best prop for a Tahoe 222

IBChillin'

Recruit
Wondering if anyone out there owns a Tahoe 222 and has tested different props. Boat has a Merc 5.0, 260hp with Alpha One drive. I originally had a 3 blade that pushed it at 50+ mph, but my brother-in-law has had the boat for a few years and replaced my original prop with a 4-blade that won't push the boat beyond 36 mph at 5400rpm. Don't remember what I originally had on it and was hoping I wouldn't have to experiment as the closest lake is about 2 hours from where I live. I would appreciate any input ya'll have. Thanks.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
That engine won’t go to anything like 5400. Maybe need to get another go at getting some figures and see where we are. All the best

IBChillin'

Recruit
It's been a few years since I took it out so my memory must be a bit off. May have been 5K. I know the the motor definitely was revving higher than when I had the previous prop on. I'm in the process of restoring the boat so I have no way of testing the current prop again. Was hoping to have something better performing when I take it out for it's first run...

Scott06

Vice Admiral
What 4 blade is currently on it. And yes if tach is reading 5400 it’s not working right. Are the speeds both previous and current off the dash speedo or gps app