Petty Officer 1st Class

Attachments

• photo333304.jpg
    photo333304.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Tmacular

Petty Officer 1st Class
One thing I did notice is when the tach is off and the ignition is off it rises the needle to about 800 rpm. When I turn the igniton on it zeros out and when I start it it revs up with the motor. Is the calibration setting used to settle thr needle out?

Tmacular

Petty Officer 1st Class
Too add to the speed. Just ftr I had 2 guys on board. Me and friend, about 12 gallons of fuel my tackle box and all my fishing gear plus anchors life jackets the norm. I assime if it was just me and an empty boat I would of ran even faster.

WesNewell

Chief Petty Officer
Seastar has over 10 models of tachs. I'm done. Suggest you contact their tech support to find proper setting for your engine. One hint. They will also need the model you have, not just seastar.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
One thing I did notice is when the tach is off and the ignition is off it rises the needle to about 800 rpm. When I turn the igniton on it zeros out and when I start it it revs up with the motor. Is the calibration setting used to settle thr needle out?

If tach zeros at turn on it is working. Mercury uses 6 pole switch position.

i gave you what you need to solve this riddle...........turn your crank till you have one complete prop revolution in F gear and count the revolutions and part revolutions of the flywheel. If you get 1.64 revs that is your ratio.
Then go to the go fast prop slip calculator and note that your numbers are right on. Don't change anything!

If you make 2 complete turns it 2:1 and nothing makes sense.

Tmacular

Petty Officer 1st Class
If tach zeros at turn on it is working. Mercury uses 6 pole switch position.

i gave you what you need to solve this riddle...........turn your crank till you have one complete prop revolution in F gear and count the revolutions and part revolutions of the flywheel. If you get 1.64 revs that is your ratio.
Then go to the go fast prop slip calculator and note that your numbers are right on. Don't change anything!

If you make 2 complete turns it 2:1 and nothing makes sense.

I haven't gotten to that gear ratio. But the 6 pole position is the answer I was looking for and the position I have it in. Thanks again Texas!

WesNewell

Chief Petty Officer
Yours may, or may not, use the 6 pole position, as mercs use 4,6,8.10,12 poles on different models. The tach maker I use list these for different models. I didn't find it on the seastar site. That's why I said .to contact them