Anyone ran a tempest plus on a heavy open bow ?

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Having repropped My 115 mercury outboard, I find myself with a spare tempest plus that will go on my other V8 mpi alpha drive of a pitch that should act well as an all rounder. Anyone tried the Tempest plus on a fairly heavy 1400kg 18ft open bow hull with a fair bit of power to turn it ? Curious to see how it performs over its other props I usually go between the same pitch and pitch a few inches near it.
cheers.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
You should test that prop for yourself, same boat, powered with same motor running exact same load will be hard to duplicate for an effective response.

Happy Boating

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
You should test that prop for yourself, same boat, powered with same motor running exact same load will be hard to duplicate for an effective response.

Happy Boating

I have one here. Just wondering how others have got on with it. Can’t think I know of any other heavy fast hulls this size running one. Just trying to rid my
self of the boredom of being locked up in the house here. Driving me nuts.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
I have a novel idea for you......go fishing. I was out a couple of days ago and the ramp parking lots were well occupied. My sister and her husband fish a big lake in Arizona and she said that they had to go to 3 ramp lots before they had a place to park their truck and trailer after launching.

The message is isolation....how can you get more isolated than sitting in your boat out on the water.....cheers matey.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
I have a novel idea for you......go fishing. I was out a couple of days ago and the ramp parking lots were well occupied. My sister and her husband fish a big lake in Arizona and she said that they had to go to 3 ramp lots before they had a place to park their truck and trailer after launching.

The message is isolation....how can you get more isolated than sitting in your boat out on the water.....cheers matey.

Haha.
really mixed feeling on the whole idea here. All the national parks are closed. Slipways closed and marinas too.
hopefully get through it all and go boating soon. It’s killing me not getting near my boat.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Sorry to hear about that. I guess my comment over in the Boats section will do you no good since you are indicating here that your boat is not stored at your residence, rather at a marina.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Sorry to hear about that. I guess my comment over in the Boats section will do you no good since you are indicating here that your boat is not stored at your residence, rather at a marina.

Haha. Yeah. One of the boats is at my folks place but I’m not going near them, being at a vulnerable age. The one I use more often is locked away. All marinas closed here. All towing of caravans and boats etc stopped with fines. Most people are only allowed out to have one person per household to do essential shopping. Allowed One exercise a day.

i was out and about yesterday, with my job being to do with the power industry, very very weirdly quiet and apocalyptic almost.