3 or 4 blade prop - which is better ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by achris View Post

And there another secret... Don't try to buy a single prop to do everything, buy a couple of different ones that work for a particular task. And if you use the boat to pull skiers and tubers, buy one that is a couple of inches 'shorter' (less pitch), your engine and drive will thank you. And the boat will perform a ton better.

Like Batman99, I prop to the expected conditions and task. If I'm local, heading out for a dive, or close in fish, the 4 blade goes on, for its weed-shedding properties. If I'm heading way out, or up to the Abrolhos Islands and want the better efficiency, the 3 blade Vengeance goes on... I'll put up with a couple of stops along the way to clear the weed...

Chris.......
    Chris

can you possibly just put that in writing and address it to my better half please ? See if you can get it on some sort of headed official looking paper please too.

As the years go by, I’m finding it increasingly difficult to justify to her, any more than my 5 props currently. If you could help me squeeze one more, I’d be ever so great full
    good man !

Comment

Originally posted by QBhoy View Post

Chris

can you possibly just put that in writing and address it to my better half please ? See if you can get it on some sort of headed official looking paper please too.

As the years go by, I’m finding it increasingly difficult to justify to her, any more than my 5 props currently. If you could help me squeeze one more, I’d be ever so great full
      good man !
      He said don’t buy one prop for everything.... not ten props like you have....

Comment

Originally posted by QBhoy View Post

Chris

good man !
        QBhoy

Dear Mrs QBhoy,

Please understand that propellers for a boating man are like shoes, hats and dresses are for you. You may not need as many as you have, or even wear them more than once, but they are essential to your mental health and well-being. The same is true of propellers.

Yours faithfully,

achris.
        iboats mod team (and well-being manager)...
        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        The world takes on a whole new perspective when viewed from 100’ below.
        1972 Bertram ‘Bahia Mar’ 20
        2006 Mercruiser 4.3MPI (0W617679) w/Alpha One Gen II (0W829301)
        (Original - 1972 '165' In-line 6. Previous - 1994 4.3LX)

Comment

I'm a firm believer in the right tool for the job, but at what point does having the "right" prop become a fetish?...lol

Comment

Originally posted by achris View Post
            QBhoy

Dear Mrs QBhoy,

Please understand that propellers for a boating man are like shoes, hats and dresses are for you. You may not need as many as you have, or even wear them more than once, but they are essential to your mental health and well-being. The same is true of propellers.

Yours faithfully,

achris.
            iboats mod team (and well-being manager)...
            Haha. Brilliant. Alas...it did not have her convinced !

Comment

Originally posted by Scott06 View Post

He said don’t buy one prop for everything.... not ten props like you have....
              Haha. It’s an obsession!

Comment

Working...
              X