Enertia and me boring you again

Status
Not open for further replies.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Ok. So as most have gathered by now...I have an unhealthy (for my bank balance at least) obsession with props.
I wasn’t going to bore you again, but can’t help it.
I bought yet another enertia of 20” for my big gearcase mariner merc 115 CT (new model 2.1) on the 19ft cuddy.

delighted to say I’ve nailed it and literally it doesn’t get any better.
An incredible 44 mph gps @5900 rpm out of this rig is amazing. I think that’s about 6 % slip last I looked. Not bad for a deep v fairly heavy but fast hull. Trimmed out to the edge of bravery and skipping along a following chop. Not far off the limiter for the engine.
now manages a really efficient cruising speed too.
just glad she is off the limiter now, from the previous 19” tempest + and enertia 19”. What a set up I have now. That’s me finished messing with props....with that boat, at least !!

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Ok. So as most have gathered by now...I have an unhealthy (for my bank balance at least) obsession with props.
I wasn’t going to bore you again, but can’t help it.
I bought yet another enertia of 20” for my big gearcase mariner merc 115 CT (new model 2.1) on the 19ft cuddy.

delighted to say I’ve nailed it and literally it doesn’t get any better.
An incredible 44 mph gps @5900 rpm out of this rig is amazing. I think that’s about 6 % slip last I looked. Not bad for a deep v fairly heavy but fast hull. Trimmed out to the edge of bravery and skipping along a following chop. Not far off the limiter for the engine.
now manages a really efficient cruising speed too.
just glad she is off the limiter now, from the previous 19” tempest + and enertia 19”. What a set up I have now. That’s me finished messing with props....with that boat, at least !!

"on the limiter.........", as I mentioned earlier, running the 17P TP 4 was the first time I experienced hitting the limiter. I didn't realize what was going on at first. I was not understanding my instruments in looking for the right prop and thought I had a tach error (solved any speedo error with gps info) when lo and behold the problem was the throttle linkage "stop" lock nut had loosened enough to prevent the throttle from opening the butterflies and timing fully......still figuring out this newly purchased used rig.

So, as I said earlier, here I am getting more RPMs and speed with the throttle at 90% than I was now getting at 100% in which I finally realized I did need to go up in pitch and get me out of the limiter at WOT. Will find out Monday; looks like the weather will let me get out and test the 19P 4.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
I replaced a Black Max with an Enertia (same pitch). If I told y'all what the improvements were you wouldn't believe me. You can take that rubbish to the bank.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
I replaced a Black Max with an Enertia (same pitch). If I told y'all what the improvements were you wouldn't believe me. You can take that rubbish to the bank.

What exactly are are you saying?

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral

I don’t know if I follow what you mean. You mean it was that good we wouldn’t believe you...or it’s rubbish ? This would be the first account I’ve known of an enertia not outperforming anything it has been compared with.
love to know more.
thanks

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
I don’t know if I follow what you mean. You mean it was that good we wouldn’t believe you...or it’s rubbish ? This would be the first account I’ve known of an enertia not outperforming anything it has been compared with.
love to know more.
thanks

See that's what happens when you type too quick and assume others will follow your thought process.

A previous poster implied that Enertia was rubbish. I was implying that his comment was rubbish.

With a new boat this year I added a Mercury VesselView module on the engine and the app on my phone. In the past, we always had "feelings" about the performance, but now it's cold hard data. The engine's computer is now accessible with a myriad of information.

The Enertia improved the hole shot, reduced the time to 30 mph, lowered the prop slip, decreased the mid range fuel usage, added top speed and just looks sexy. Best $600 I ever spent.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
A previous poster implied that Enertia was rubbish. I was implying that his comment was rubbish.

The Enertia improved the hole shot, reduced the time to 30 mph, lowered the prop slip, decreased the mid range fuel usage, added top speed and just looks sexy. Best $600 I ever spent.

QBhoy was replying sarcastically to my feigned Ignorance that the Enertia exists. I have been pushing the Enertia on this site for almost 14 yrs. It is a Fantastic Prop, though not perfect for all applications. After several years of getting sore eyes reading about my praises of it, QBhoy tried one and has been a promoter of it since.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
QBhoy was replying sarcastically to my feigned Ignorance that the Enertia exists. I have been pushing the Enertia on this site for almost 14 yrs. It is a Fantastic Prop, though not perfect for all applications. After several years of getting sore eyes reading about my praises of it, QBhoy tried one and has been a promoter of it since.

Had he looked closely at your icon and thought about it, he would have known the true meaning of your reply....a little "pun" in your reply indicating that you meant otherwise.

I agree that the prop has to meet the "rig" and it's requirements, meaning no one prop is good for all applications. Just like I push TP cheap aluminums with the ports since ported props with rake and cupping on my 2 previous boats made them what they were but this current rig of mine doesn't want them so I plugged them and enjoy the rest of the attributes.

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
Why would you waste your money on an Enertia prop. Save your pennies and buy a sharrow, looks like it will outperform the Enertia by a WIDE Margin.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Why would you waste your money on an Enertia prop. Save your pennies and buy a sharrow, looks like it will outperform the Enertia by a WIDE Margin.

I see others can post humorously/sarcastically like me

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
See that's what happens when you type too quick and assume others will follow your thought process.

With a new boat this year I added a Mercury VesselView module on the engine and the app on my phone. In the past, we always had "feelings" about the performance, but now it's cold hard data. The engine's computer is now accessible with a myriad of information.

Thought as much...you’re comment confused me, must admit. I’m a huge fan of them. Now have 2 !

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
Why did you buy another outdated prop. There is another post on here about the sharrow that is the future.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Why did you buy another outdated prop. There is another post on here about the sharrow that is the future.

Haha. Flying Scott...you sure know how to push my buttons...if I could put an angry face emoji here...I would !! Haha.

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
Enertia is like my McCulloch outboards fun to use once in a while. A Sharrow is like a brand new E-tec can't wait to use it. The Future is here

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Enertia is like my McCulloch outboards fun to use once in a while. A Sharrow is like a brand new E-tec can't wait to use it. The Future is here

Maybe you are right. Put a vessel view on your engine, collect real world computer, GPS and other data. Then switch to the sharrow and collect more data. Then, publish the results and nobody can dispute you.

Up to now, its all speculation...

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral

Oh man. I honestly wish it would outperform an enertia. But all the data so far suggests that it won’t, all things being equal.

Status
Not open for further replies.