The wait is over. Sharrow prop test.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
It’s the 15” prop that’s the silly bit, haha. Yeah it’s defo an enertia. Not an eco. Looked it up, they don’t come in 15”. Most enertia I know of that work well have a smaller diameter though.

89retta

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Perhaps someone at iboats can get ahold of one and do some testing

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I volunteer. Need an Mercury/Quicksilver compatible 11 spline, 10 3/4" X 10 or 11" pitch.

I may give the first testimonial which is sorely lacking on their smoke and mirrors website.

alldodge

Staff member
The boat test review is what started the thread, or did I miss something

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
The boat test review is what started the thread, or did I miss something

No you didn't

Boat test.com sent out an email this morning about their "Most Extensive Test', with the same patheticly flawed Video

Scott06

Vice Admiral
Guys,

just sit back and relax, grab a beer if you got one, we all know QBhoy will have to buy one so we can see a very detailed test vs enertia and laser II next spring.

I look forward to it!

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Guys,

just sit back and relax, grab a beer if you got one, we all know QBhoy will have to buy one so we can see a very detailed test vs enertia and laser II next spring.

I look forward to it!

Haha. You know me well...it will need to wait though.
I just got myself a new 20” enertia for the outboard cuddy !! Wish me luck.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Mmm. Busted. Literally almost identical boat in weight and size. Boattest review. Strange they run an 18” enertia with the same engine and almost like for like boat.
also notice the huge difference in wot speed too.

pull the other one boattest. So disappointed

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I finally got to see the prop test. It's an infomercial for sure, a fairly boring one at that. I may have missed the data. Does that Sharrow prop have more, less or the same surface area than the same diameter 3 blade props? I think they said "Sharrow prop" 1000 times.

Something I noticed. Doesn't Michigan have boats to test? You can't swing a Cat in Michigan without hitting a boat. The Bayliner they tested has New Jersey registration I.D. on the hull. They trailered a boat all the way from NJ? Maybe they piloted it there through The Welland Canal and right past our shack by the sea.

Last edited:

Bikestdy

Seaman Apprentice
I would like to see it compared to a 4bl prop and hi5 as well, their biggest point seemed to be that it is more efficient at pushing a bow wave and getting on plane sooner. Being a so called 6bl of course it will be more efficient in a high load use, because it can push more water.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
I would like to see it compared to a 4bl prop and hi5 as well, their biggest point seemed to be that it is more efficient at pushing a bow wave and getting on plane sooner. Being a so called 6bl of course it will be more efficient in a high load use, because it can push more water.

The high 5 wouldn’t stand up to even a good ally black max for pace.
as for a 6 blade pushing more water. Not sure that theory is sound. Less blades the better, if physics and hydrodynamics have anything to say about it.
not sure this is considered a 6 blade ? Is it ? Anyway. The test annoys me. They reviewed another almost identical hull with the same engine. The weight within a few pounds too. They used a 18” for that set up. At nearly 50 mph recorded. Why use a 15” here ?

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
They are just trying to create some Hype to get the prop some Exposure, and hopefully some preorders

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
They are just trying to create some Hype to get the prop some Exposure, and hopefully some preorders

Correct. Can’t beat real world testing. No way that would stand up to a well pitched enertia from mid range to wot. Not a chance.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
A propeller, is in all reality, just an unhoused Water Pump Impeller. How well it is able to push water backwards is the result of how well its Designers understand the Laws of Physics, proper selection of Materials, and correct selection for the Application.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
I watched the video, I wasn't paying attention at 5:49. But what they claimed to put on first didn't look what they removed.

That was mentioned a few times in previous Posts

That has to be one of the Worst Tests/Reviews I have even seen. Scripted like they themselves were Marketing the Prop. I will take anything that Boat Test ever Reviews with a Very Large truckload of Salt.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Enertia is the past and outdated technology and Sharrow is the future.

Surely you are kidding on here ? I’m sure I mentioned it before but I will again.

They put the wrong pitch on the boat. Clearly favoured to the sharrow. All of the props were hitting the limiter.
they did another review earlier of a similar boat. Same weight and same engine. But it had a prop of a pitch to suit it. As in not on the limiter. It was about 3” more pitch. Why they used such a tiny pitch on this one, tell you everything you need to know. There is no way that sharrow would come close to an enertia top end. Not a chance.