Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
  • Dear Community Members,

Updated 9/29/20 - Upgrades have been pushed until 10/7/20

Over the last two years, there have been updates to the environment that have introduced challenges in usability, performance, and security. Efforts to improve the technology, user interface and site performance have revealed weaknesses in the platform and outdated software our site uses. This has made it increasingly difficult and frustrating to support and upgrade to more modern reliable standards that users deserve. This is not the experience we want for the members of this community.

Members want a fast site that performs well across all devices, to be able to find relevant and interesting content, and easily share through text, images, video, and messaging on a secure platform. Our goal is to provide this user experience to all members. We will be updating to a new platform to better meet the needs of this community and allow us to provide support more efficiently. Our focus is to create a sustainable platform that performs well and loads faster on all devices while offering seamless ways to search and connect. Technology is constantly innovating - by creating an environment that we control we can maintain the site with more frequent improvements and maintenance updates.

Although change can be difficult, we are here to support you through the process. We make every effort to review existing settings and make the changes needed so the migration goes smoothly. If you notice something doesn’t seem correct once the site goes live, don’t panic! We’ll have a dedicated person monitoring as the site goes live to answer any questions and provide support through this change.

What’s next?
    When will this be happening? The plan is to put our current forums into maintenance mode (off line) at around 9am MST on 10/7/2020! The whole transition should take 30-36 hours. We recognize the user experience is slow and there are bugs from the outdated software. The sooner we can change that the better we can make the experience for you. You’ll start to see activity related to cleanup in preparation for migration very shortly. We will post an announcement to the community prior to starting the actual data migration.

We appreciate each member’s contribution to this community and look forward to an improved experience for you all.

- Management

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The wait is over. Sharrow prop test.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QBhoy
    started a topic The wait is over. Sharrow prop test.

The wait is over. Sharrow prop test.

Been waiting on the first test of this, perhaps some of you have too ??Thoughts ?

Last edited by jbcurt00; October 11th, 2019, 08:42 PM. Reason: Embed video

• GA_Boater
    replied
    Part three is supposed to be a boat test. Will a comparison be done?

Leave a comment:

• QBhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by GA_Boater View Post
    Part 1 of a 3 part Sharrow interview video series on boatingmag.com - https://www.boatingmag.com/story/boa...rine-part-one/
    You know, I’m all for new tech and development...but I’ve simply yet to see a test that shows they are any better than a $600/700 prop. Wish they would do a good comparison. Or someone would at least.

Leave a comment:

• GA_Boater
    replied
    Part 1 of a 3 part Sharrow interview video series on boatingmag.com - https://www.boatingmag.com/story/boa...rine-part-one/

Leave a comment:

• WesNewell
    replied
    Well, I'm not "in love" with any of the SS props I have, and I paid under $200 for each of them. They do perform as expected too.

Leave a comment:

• QBhoy
    replied
    I know I’ve said it before but the claim of better top end is utter nonsense until I see it against a prop that’s pitched accordingly to the set up. The only test I’ve seen what with the opposed enertia prop at least 2, or even 4 inches under propped and 100% certainly on the limiter for that 150 it was on. Clearly that test limited the top speed capable, should it have been suitable in pitch. Clearly aimed towards the sharrows ability lower down. Such a shame.

Leave a comment:

• flyingscott
    replied
    Originally posted by WesNewell View Post
    How much will the average person pay for a 20% increase in performance from a prop? Certainly as much as 50%, maybe even twice as much, but 10 times more. Not a chance in hell.
    How is that 10x more?? People on here who are in love with there enertias are paying $5-600 for cast SS.

Leave a comment:

• WesNewell
    replied
    How much will the average person pay for a 20% increase in performance from a prop? Certainly as much as 50%, maybe even twice as much, but 10 times more. Not a chance in hell.

Leave a comment:

• GA_Boater
    replied
    I know this is an old thread, but there is a a big update. Boating mag sent me an announcement regarding the Sharrow prop.

Sharrow has reduced the the price of the CNC'ed custom stainless prop to $5000. And added a cast SS version to be available in a year with a $100 refundable deposit. The cast jobber costs $2000. I had to dig through the Sharrow website to find the prices. And they are still touting the Boattest.com review and no new tests. A snip partial snip from the email;

The Sharrow Propeller™ has undergone extensive third-party testing, including independent testing by BoatTEST.com. Advantages cited by BoatTEST.com and others of the new SHARROW PROPELLER™ MODEL MX-1 include:
    • Performs significantly better at idle
    • Planes at a lower RPM
    • Is faster at all RPM settings
    • Gets significantly more mpg at 3000 and 3500 RPM
    • Is more fuel-efficient at every speed through water setting
    • Is as much as 18% more fuel-efficient at 26-28 MPH
    • Produces the highest top speed
    • Creates noticeably less vibration
    • Is generally quieter
    • Has superior handling in tight turns at high-speed
    • Improves handling in reverse
    • Provides the greatest range at all speeds
    Opinion - There is no magic prop around the corner. Sharrow reminds me of the Elio 3 wheel car that was promised for delivery in 2012, 2013, 2017, 2019 and still not on the streets, but 65,000 deposits were made. The best chance for the Sharrow prop is Brunswick or another marine manufacturer buying the business and until then they are selling the sizzle, not the steak.

Leave a comment:

• QBhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by JimS123 View Post

It's just my blend of humor, I guess. So many jokes here, I couldn't resist.

Do you remember the old comedian that used to be on the Ed Sullivan Show. I forget his name - he's the one that always got his words mixed up. Remember "I resemble that".

Anyway, A Big Twin is the only noun above that was intentionally correct. It's a 2 cylinder, 2-stroke outboard made by Evinrude in the '50's and '60's. Started out as a 25, and I believe it got up to about 40 hp when the name was retired. The blue outboard in my avatar is a 1953 Evinrude 25 HP Big Twin.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":10824006**[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":10824007**[/ATTACH]
    Lovely engine

Leave a comment:

• fishrdan
    replied
    Sharrow solid aluminum billet CNC machined prop = $4500
    Sharrow solid SS billet CNC machined prop = $9000

Tearing up your new Sharrow prop on rocks the first time out = PRICELESS!

Leave a comment:

• JimS123
    replied
    Originally posted by QBhoy View Post

I’m not sure I know or recognise any of the things mentioned here. What’s an old big twin and a Minnesota wheel ?
    think I know what a jetta is. Like a golf/rabbit with a trunk/boot ?
    It's just my blend of humor, I guess. So many jokes here, I couldn't resist.

Do you remember the old comedian that used to be on the Ed Sullivan Show. I forget his name - he's the one that always got his words mixed up. Remember "I resemble that".

Anyway, A Big Twin is the only noun above that was intentionally correct. It's a 2 cylinder, 2-stroke outboard made by Evinrude in the '50's and '60's. Started out as a 25, and I believe it got up to about 40 hp when the name was retired. The blue outboard in my avatar is a 1953 Evinrude 25 HP Big Twin.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P5232994web.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	10824006Click image for larger version

Name:	P4022907web.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	10824007
    Last edited by JimS123; January 6th, 2020, 07:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• flyingscott
    replied
    The fear is thick enough to cut.

Leave a comment:

• jimmbo
    replied
    I got to e-mails from Boattest the past couple of Days with a new Explainations of their Infomercial. If the Prop is an Advancement in Prop Technology, then when Authentic Testing/Rev

Leave a comment:

• QBhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by JimS123 View Post
    I guess its just off season and everyone is bored. The gurus that own VW Jettas must be out in full force.

Actually, Wallyworld Pennzoil oil 10W30 TCW6 is the worst there is and probably will make your engine blow up. But then again, I bet nobody here even knows what Texaco Outboard Motor Oil even is! That's too bad because back in the day it was....well...never mind.

I don't own a Sbarrow but I do have an old Minnesota Wheel. I broke off a couple blades and then filed it down to be even. Boy, what a gem! 2% prop slip and 123 MPH with an old Big Twin. I think I might patent it.

Anywhoot,
    I’m not sure I know or recognise any of the things mentioned here. What’s an old big twin and a Minnesota wheel ?
    think I know what a jetta is. Like a golf/rabbit with a trunk/boot ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X