The wait is over. Sharrow prop test.

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
I love this post it is easily my favorite on here. First the complaints there are not enough choices. Now the complaints it costs to much but there are more choices. The future is here and its name is sharrow! Say it with me S H A R R O W. Nobody complains about the.price of a Ferrari ,except for those who cant afford it. I never said the enertia was overpriced. I consider like a Mossberg shotgun just works all the time a great budget gun. The Sharrow is like a Benelli just awesome but you have to pay for that kind of awesomness

Last edited:

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
I love this post it is easily my favorite on here. First the complaints there are not enough choices. Now the complaints it costs to much but there are more choices. The future is here and its name is sharrow! Say it with me S H A R R O W. Nobody complains about the.price of a Ferrari ,except for those who cant afford it. I never said the enertia was overpriced. I consider like a Mossberg shotgun just works all the time a great budget gun. The Sharrow is like a Benelli just awesome but you have to pay for that kind of awesomness

Apples, oranges and dog turds.

A Chevy will do everything a Ferrari will do. The difference is that the Ferrari has all the fancy stuff that the Chevy doesn't have. And Oh yes, the engine will make it go faster. If you live in the city,, what's the use? You got a freakin 30 mph limit! Truth be told, the Ferrari is just a nose car (that means if you can afford one you can stick your nose up in the air that I'm better than you.)

A Mossberg works all the time and does what is intended. The Benelli has more expensive wood, steel and fit and finish. It still puts the shot where you aimed it. Again, more nose.

Both of these examples show nose over performance. The end result (meeting the customer's requirements) is the same, You just paid for extra pretty.

OTOH, the Sharrow is just another piece of stainless steel. Presumably the performance is better (I.e., it goes faster or gives better economy) but it has no nose! Its under the water and nobody can see it so you have no bragging rights. On that basis alone, the Enertia beats the crap out of it.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it......LOL.

(now if they would just bring back the black teflon coated OMC props we would not be having this discussion.)

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
I just watched the movie The Croods with my nephew today. I think that movie sums up this post "New is bad ,always be afraid of new".

Jims123 your comparison of Chevy to Ferrari and Mossberg to Benelli. All I can say to that is WOW.

Still my favorite post here. Be honest who already ordered theirs?

C'mon guys any self proclaimed prop Gurus should already have theirs ordered. No collection complete without it, It would be a great stocking stuffer.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Wonder if sharrow propeller fans will change the way we buy boats. Maybe now we will buy a boat for our propeller, haha.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
C'mon guys any self proclaimed prop Gurus should already have theirs ordered. No collection complete without it, It would be a great stocking stuffer.

In the end that's probably what it will be doing in most cases, Hanging on the Collection wall of the Shed/Garage/Boat House, to be found by whoever Inherits the Estate

alldodge

Staff member
Just like G Dad always said, first liar doesn't stand a chance

Also string a pot can be fun

MRS

Commander
e n e rt i a That is what I have on my pontoon works just fine you think I will pay that much for a untested prop not flyscott you must be investing in that not I mean prop really.:flypig:

MRS

Commander

Yes I have a Valmet 412 but it is worth the money but will not break the bank no need for a Ferrari if you know what your looking for. And not trying to sale something.

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
Yes I have a Valmet 412 but it is worth the money but will not break the bank no need for a Ferrari if you know what your looking for. And not trying to sale something.

There is no shame in not being able to afford the ferrari. I am not selling anything not invested in the prop at all. But the fact people don't expect more is sad. And when people see something new and possibly better and just bash it that is also kind of sad. If everybody here has lowered expectations that is just extremely depressing. Remember people there was a time the Enertia did not exist. And I will bet that the prop you were running before that was the greatest prop in the world.

I take it you are talking about the shotgun/rifle Valmet 412. The chevy El Camino of the gun world ,not a car not a truck. But good enough at both.

Last edited:

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
The, I will call it ‘Pretzel’, might be Ok, but it might be a Flop. I was Skeptical of the Enertia when it was announced, but I was lucky enough to borrow one from the Dealer to test it. Same went for the RAKER

I don't complain about the Price of a Ferrari, I will grumble that those that can afford it, aren't paying enough Income Tax

alldodge

Staff member
This thread is getting better then an oil thread
:popcorn:

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
The, I will call it ‘Pretzel’, might be Ok, but it might be a Flop. I was Skeptical of the Enertia when it was announced, but I was lucky enough to borrow one from the Dealer to test it. Same went for the RAKER

I don't complain about the Price of a Ferrari, I will grumble that those that can afford it, aren't paying enough Income Tax

To be fair. I was a doubting Thomas about the Enertia, despite you telling me for at least a year to try one. When I eventually got a hold of a less than perfect used one...I was amazed. It’s still the only used enertia I’ve ever seen for sale in the U.K. to this day. They just don’t come up used here at all.
only thing that’s come close to it recently is the tempest plus. Totally different character to it...but surprisingly close at the top end to the enertia...one one of my hulls at least. Going to give the tempest a try on the campion next season (although it will hit the limiter I’m sure)..and also the higher pitch enertia I’ve recently bought and use currently on the outboard cuddy. Can’t wait to see how they both do on the campion at the extreme end of things. I’ll post the results, all be it that they will both be restricted by the rpm limiter. Be good to see though.

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
To be fair. I was a doubting Thomas about the Enertia, despite you telling me for at least a year to try one. When I eventually got a hold of a less than perfect used one...I was amazed. It’s still the only used enertia I’ve ever seen for sale in the U.K. to this day. They just don’t come up used here at all.
only thing that’s come close to it recently is the tempest plus. Totally different character to it...but surprisingly close at the top end to the enertia...one one of my hulls at least. Going to give the tempest a try on the campion next season (although it will hit the limiter I’m sure)..and also the higher pitch enertia I’ve recently bought and use currently on the outboard cuddy. Can’t wait to see how they both do on the campion at the extreme end of things. I’ll post the results, all be it that they will both be restricted by the rpm limiter. Be good to see though.

Will you be posting the results of your new Sharrow prop also? As a self proclaimed prop guru I would assume you ordered yours already.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Will you be posting the results of your new Sharrow prop also? As a self proclaimed prop guru I would assume you ordered yours already.

I’d never dare to be as arrogant to claim I was a prop guru. Not sure anyone is really. I’ve often posted on such a thing being a black art and capable of surprising results at any time.
being fairly diplomatic on the subject...sure...I’d love to try one. But depending on info so far...they either aren’t available yet...or the price tag is simply ridiculous.
perhaps you will already have ordered one ? No doubt of the wrong pitch, just like the test. Haha. Be sure and let us know how it goes. All the best.

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
I’d never dare to be as arrogant to claim I was a prop guru. Not sure anyone is really. I’ve often posted on such a thing being a black art and capable of surprising results at any time.
being fairly diplomatic on the subject...sure...I’d love to try one. But depending on info so far...they either aren’t available yet...or the price tag is simply ridiculous.
perhaps you will already have ordered one ? No doubt of the wrong pitch, just like the test. Haha. Be sure and let us know how it goes. All the best.

I just thought you would want to do a fair test. Since you were so vocal about the test that was run by the magazine. Oh well

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
I just thought you would want to do a fair test. Since you were so vocal about the test that was run by the magazine. Oh well

I’d love to. Glad you’re admitting it needs a “fair test”. Haha. I knew you’d see sense !

Merry Xmas anyway.