The wait is over. Sharrow prop test.

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
Surely you are kidding on here ? I’m sure I mentioned it before but I will again.

They put the wrong pitch on the boat. Clearly favoured to the sharrow. All of the props were hitting the limiter.
they did another review earlier of a similar boat. Same weight and same engine. But it had a prop of a pitch to suit it. As in not on the limiter. It was about 3” more pitch. Why they used such a tiny pitch on this one, tell you everything you need to know. There is no way that sharrow would come close to an enertia top end. Not a chance.

Surely you see the future. Think of the Enertia as a Model T fun to own and drive once in a while but just not practical for everyday use. The Sharrow is a Hellcat Challenger need I say more.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
No you've said enough. As a professional Engineer I'm open to any and all new technology. (in fact I have patents to my credit that have literally improved my industry).

Enertia, sumertial. Sharrow, pomartia. Show us the data!!! Guesses don't cut it.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
No you've said enough. As a professional Engineer I'm open to any and all new technology. (in fact I have patents to my credit that have literally improved my industry).

Enertia, sumertial. Sharrow, pomartia. Show us the data!!! Guesses don't cut it.

Haha. Also a professional engineer. Good to talk to another. Don’t get me wrong, I love concepts like this, but it’s not going to be as effective as an enertia at the top end. Time will tell.
this design of props have their place. Just not on a fast boat.
look at the video again and the results data. Now imagine how the trend on a graph would carry on...should the pitch have been correct.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Surely you see the future. Think of the Enertia as a Model T fun to own and drive once in a while but just not practical for everyday use. The Sharrow is a Hellcat Challenger need I say more.

At the risk of being cheeky. I’m not sure that a hellcat challenger would be considered at the cutting edge of things. Haha. Are they not just an age old idea of brut power from an old school big block.
have a look at what a McLaren 720s does to a hellcat. Haha. I’m not going to even mention the devil that is the Tesla. Damn it. I did. Wish they weren’t the future, but they will be involved.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Just looked back at other test with similar boat, same engine and same weight onboard.
Used an enertia propeller at 18” (3” more than the sharrow test”)

the boat showed better fuel efficiency right through the range and a top speed of 49.6 mph at 5800-5850 rpm.

so with an 18” pitch it’s still about the rpm limiter and a few mph faster than the sharrow test.

apples and oranges comparison. Silly test.

it’s like my glastron cvx16 with its 150 merc V6 running a 17” prop, haha. It just wouldn’t happen. It would be stupid. Clearly they had to go to the extreme end and verging on the ridiculous, to get the sharrow to better the enertia.
anyone who has an enertia, knows that they come into their own at the top end of things. With their X7 thin blades. Low down they would be average.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
One big difference - You can buy a Hellcat. Not so about the Sharrow. Someday maybe, but not today.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
One big difference - You can buy a Hellcat. Not so about the Sharrow. Someday maybe, but not today.

Very good point. Well said.
the hell cat is what it is. Isn’t afraid to line up against the competition when all is equal. Haha.
cant say the same for the sharrow in this test, at least !

alldodge

Staff member
I sent boat test and email asking for explanation on the test, same thing I did last year on another test which never received a response, but who knows maybe they will this time :rolleyes:

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
Just looked back at other test with similar boat, same engine and same weight onboard.
Used an enertia propeller at 18” (3” more than the sharrow test”)

the boat showed better fuel efficiency right through the range and a top speed of 49.6 mph at 5800-5850 rpm.

so with an 18” pitch it’s still about the rpm limiter and a few mph faster than the sharrow test.

apples and oranges comparison. Silly test.

it’s like my glastron cvx16 with its 150 merc V6 running a 17” prop, haha. It just wouldn’t happen. It would be stupid. Clearly they had to go to the extreme end and verging on the ridiculous, to get the sharrow to better the enertia.
anyone who has an enertia, knows that they come into their own at the top end of things. With their X7 thin blades. Low down they would be average.

You sound like the guy who is mad you did not think of it first.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
I sent boat test and email asking for explanation on the test, same thing I did last year on another test which never received a response, but who knows maybe they will this time :rolleyes:

Did you ? Excellent. Haha.
before that test...I always had the idea that they were a straight up and neutral review source. But a few of you guys suggested different previously. I now totally agree.

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
Very good point. Well said.
the hell cat is what it is. Isn’t afraid to line up against the competition when all is equal. Haha.
cant say the same for the sharrow in this test, at least !

What competition?

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
Who doesn't think this is the silliest post ever. People are all bent out of shape about a proto-type prop. Then there are the people who are so dedicated to the prop they own thay can't see past it. News flash people your props will be obsolete in 10 yrs because it is the nature of things to get better. I pose this question to the prop fanboys out there.
What will you do when your prop becomes obsolete?

#1 nervous breakdown
#2 Stop boating altogether
#3 buy all NOS stock available
#4 letter writing campaign demanding they produce your prop again.
#5 Stay in bed and refuse to get up.
#6 start a pinterest page about your prop
#7 load up your facebook with selfies of you and your prop.?
#8 Sue sharrow for emotional distress when the prop goes into production.

If you answered yes to one or more of those questions you might need help

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
What competition?

You’re making me laugh flyingscott, as always.

I’ll play along haha. Do you mean what competition for the hellcat ?

On the hellcat. I’d love one. But most of the European out the box fast cars would see it off on a drag strip, even though they aren’t designed to. Being fair though....the European cars would be a hell of a lot more expensive. Something to consider. I’d love one either way. Just that to get one here...the money I would have to pay...I’d be as well buying a McLaren.
I think maybe even the new Audi RS6 big family wagon would see it off down the quarter mile now.

jbcurt00

Staff member
80114348_2937383592946968_2557007220600471552_n.jpg Fancy prop has a mighty fancy price tag

4500 & 9K.... is that in rubles? Might be worth it if it is.... $0.016 Ruble/USD

Attachments

• 80114348_2937383592946968_2557007220600471552_n.jpg
    80114348_2937383592946968_2557007220600471552_n.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

GA_Boater

I'll buy one for 72 bucks. 4500 clams for an unproven prop design, no way! One biased "test" doesn't do it for me.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
And some Posters were complaining about how Pricey the Outdated/Obsolete Enertia is

alldodge

Staff member
Boat test never responded to my email, same as last time

GA_Boater

Surely that can’t be right. Oh my god.

Yes it is. This company has no clue about running a start-up business, especially trying to sell in a recreational market. The AL props are 15" D x 15, 17, 19 and 21" pitch for 100-250 HP.

Where are the props for high performance boats where they have a chance to sell some? Oh - Go buy an SS version and give up the other nugget! :eek:

Also a 3 year extended protection plan goes for $675 for AL, higher, much higher for stainless..

sharrowprice.png