The wait is over. Sharrow prop test.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QBhoy View Post

Haha. But just admit it AD...we all secretly love an oil thread...despite us all saying we don’t !
    Hmmmm Oil Thread
    Click image for larger version

Name:	homerdonut.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	10821841

Comment

To be fair. I was a doubting Thomas about the Enertia, despite you telling me for at least a year to try one. When I eventually got a hold of a less than perfect used one...I was amazed. It’s still the only used enertia I’ve ever seen for sale in the U.K. to this day. They just don’t come up used here at all.
      only thing that’s come close to it recently is the tempest plus. Totally different character to it...but surprisingly close at the top end to the enertia...one one of my hulls at least. Going to give the tempest a try on the campion next season (although it will hit the limiter I’m sure)..and also the higher pitch enertia I’ve recently bought and use currently on the outboard cuddy. Can’t wait to see how they both do on the campion at the extreme end of things. I’ll post the results, all be it that they will both be restricted by the rpm limiter. Be good to see though.
      Will you be posting the results of your new Sharrow prop also? As a self proclaimed prop guru I would assume you ordered yours already.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingscott View Post

Will you be posting the results of your new Sharrow prop also? As a self proclaimed prop guru I would assume you ordered yours already.
        I’d never dare to be as arrogant to claim I was a prop guru. Not sure anyone is really. I’ve often posted on such a thing being a black art and capable of surprising results at any time.
        being fairly diplomatic on the subject...sure...I’d love to try one. But depending on info so far...they either aren’t available yet...or the price tag is simply ridiculous.
        perhaps you will already have ordered one ? No doubt of the wrong pitch, just like the test. Haha. Be sure and let us know how it goes. All the best.

Comment

I’d never dare to be as arrogant to claim I was a prop guru. Not sure anyone is really. I’ve often posted on such a thing being a black art and capable of surprising results at any time.
          being fairly diplomatic on the subject...sure...I’d love to try one. But depending on info so far...they either aren’t available yet...or the price tag is simply ridiculous.
          perhaps you will already have ordered one ? No doubt of the wrong pitch, just like the test. Haha. Be sure and let us know how it goes. All the best.
          I just thought you would want to do a fair test. Since you were so vocal about the test that was run by the magazine. Oh well

Comment

Originally posted by flyingscott View Post

I just thought you would want to do a fair test. Since you were so vocal about the test that was run by the magazine. Oh well
            I’d love to. Glad you’re admitting it needs a “fair test”. Haha. I knew you’d see sense !

Merry Xmas anyway.

Comment

I guess its just off season and everyone is bored. The gurus that own VW Jettas must be out in full force.

Actually, Wallyworld Pennzoil oil 10W30 TCW6 is the worst there is and probably will make your engine blow up. But then again, I bet nobody here even knows what Texaco Outboard Motor Oil even is! That's too bad because back in the day it was....well...never mind.

I don't own a Sbarrow but I do have an old Minnesota Wheel. I broke off a couple blades and then filed it down to be even. Boy, what a gem! 2% prop slip and 123 MPH with an old Big Twin. I think I might patent it.

Anywhoot,
              2019 SeaRay SPX 190 OB & Mercury 150 4-Stroke & Merc 5.0 Kicker
              2017 Boston Whaler 150 Montauk & Mercury 60 ELPT Command Thrust & Merc 3.5 Kicker
              2015 Yamaha FX Cruiser HO
              1964 Sea Nymph 14R & 1970 Evinrude Sportwin 9.5
              1960 Mulray 100 Dinghy, equipped with Beaver Oars
              1952 Lyman 15' Mid Steer & Evinrude Big Twin 25
              69 Outboards: 1919-2019, representing 11 manufacturers
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Member ACBS, LBOA, AOMCI

Comment

Originally posted by JimS123 View Post
                I guess its just off season and everyone is bored. The gurus that own VW Jettas must be out in full force.

Actually, Wallyworld Pennzoil oil 10W30 TCW6 is the worst there is and probably will make your engine blow up. But then again, I bet nobody here even knows what Texaco Outboard Motor Oil even is! That's too bad because back in the day it was....well...never mind.

I don't own a Sbarrow but I do have an old Minnesota Wheel. I broke off a couple blades and then filed it down to be even. Boy, what a gem! 2% prop slip and 123 MPH with an old Big Twin. I think I might patent it.

Anywhoot,
                I’m not sure I know or recognise any of the things mentioned here. What’s an old big twin and a Minnesota wheel ?
                think I know what a jetta is. Like a golf/rabbit with a trunk/boot ?

Comment

I got to e-mails from Boattest the past couple of Days with a new Explainations of their Infomercial. If the Prop is an Advancement in Prop Technology, then when Authentic Testing/Rev

Comment

The fear is thick enough to cut.

Comment

I’m not sure I know or recognise any of the things mentioned here. What’s an old big twin and a Minnesota wheel ?
                      think I know what a jetta is. Like a golf/rabbit with a trunk/boot ?
                      It's just my blend of humor, I guess. So many jokes here, I couldn't resist.

Do you remember the old comedian that used to be on the Ed Sullivan Show. I forget his name - he's the one that always got his words mixed up. Remember "I resemble that".

Anyway, A Big Twin is the only noun above that was intentionally correct. It's a 2 cylinder, 2-stroke outboard made by Evinrude in the '50's and '60's. Started out as a 25, and I believe it got up to about 40 hp when the name was retired. The blue outboard in my avatar is a 1953 Evinrude 25 HP Big Twin.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P5232994web.jpg
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	10824006Click image for larger version

Name:	P4022907web.jpg
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	10824007
                      Last edited by JimS123; January 6th, 2020, 07:39 PM.
                      2019 SeaRay SPX 190 OB & Mercury 150 4-Stroke & Merc 5.0 Kicker
                      2017 Boston Whaler 150 Montauk & Mercury 60 ELPT Command Thrust & Merc 3.5 Kicker
                      2015 Yamaha FX Cruiser HO
                      1964 Sea Nymph 14R & 1970 Evinrude Sportwin 9.5
                      1960 Mulray 100 Dinghy, equipped with Beaver Oars
                      1952 Lyman 15' Mid Steer & Evinrude Big Twin 25
                      69 Outboards: 1919-2019, representing 11 manufacturers
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Member ACBS, LBOA, AOMCI

Comment

Sharrow solid aluminum billet CNC machined prop = $4500
                        Sharrow solid SS billet CNC machined prop = $9000

Tearing up your new Sharrow prop on rocks the first time out = PRICELESS!
                        2001 Crestliner SuperHawk 1800, Mercruiser 140HP
                        2007 Tracker 1436 jon boat, 7.5HP Force

Comment

Originally posted by JimS123 View Post

It's just my blend of humor, I guess. So many jokes here, I couldn't resist.

Do you remember the old comedian that used to be on the Ed Sullivan Show. I forget his name - he's the one that always got his words mixed up. Remember "I resemble that".

Anyway, A Big Twin is the only noun above that was intentionally correct. It's a 2 cylinder, 2-stroke outboard made by Evinrude in the '50's and '60's. Started out as a 25, and I believe it got up to about 40 hp when the name was retired. The blue outboard in my avatar is a 1953 Evinrude 25 HP Big Twin.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":10824006**[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":10824007**[/ATTACH]
                          Lovely engine

Comment

Working...
                          X