Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The wait is over. Sharrow prop test.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Just looked back at other test with similar boat, same engine and same weight onboard.
    Used an enertia propeller at 18” (3” more than the sharrow test”)

    the boat showed better fuel efficiency right through the range and a top speed of 49.6 mph at 5800-5850 rpm.

    so with an 18” pitch it’s still about the rpm limiter and a few mph faster than the sharrow test.

    apples and oranges comparison. Silly test.

    it’s like my glastron cvx16 with its 150 merc V6 running a 17” prop, haha. It just wouldn’t happen. It would be stupid. Clearly they had to go to the extreme end and verging on the ridiculous, to get the sharrow to better the enertia.
    anyone who has an enertia, knows that they come into their own at the top end of things. With their X7 thin blades. Low down they would be average.

    Comment


    • #47
      One big difference - You can buy a Hellcat. Not so about the Sharrow. Someday maybe, but not today.
      BOAT SPECS | FORUM HELP | STARCRAFT FORUM | SHOP iBoats
      Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
      That is what the forums are for.
      Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by GA_Boater View Post
        One big difference - You can buy a Hellcat. Not so about the Sharrow. Someday maybe, but not today.
        Very good point. Well said.
        the hell cat is what it is. Isn’t afraid to line up against the competition when all is equal. Haha.
        cant say the same for the sharrow in this test, at least !

        Comment


        • #49
          I sent boat test and email asking for explanation on the test, same thing I did last year on another test which never received a response, but who knows maybe they will this time
          94 Formula 27PC Custom 509MPI MEFI3 , B3 XR
          95 Rinker 232 w/ 7.4L Carb 0F425011 B1 0F486471
          07 Seadoo GTX
          Merc Adults Only VP Adults Only
          G-Dad always said "First Liar doesn't stand a chance"

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by QBhoy View Post
            Just looked back at other test with similar boat, same engine and same weight onboard.
            Used an enertia propeller at 18” (3” more than the sharrow test”)

            the boat showed better fuel efficiency right through the range and a top speed of 49.6 mph at 5800-5850 rpm.

            so with an 18” pitch it’s still about the rpm limiter and a few mph faster than the sharrow test.

            apples and oranges comparison. Silly test.

            it’s like my glastron cvx16 with its 150 merc V6 running a 17” prop, haha. It just wouldn’t happen. It would be stupid. Clearly they had to go to the extreme end and verging on the ridiculous, to get the sharrow to better the enertia.
            anyone who has an enertia, knows that they come into their own at the top end of things. With their X7 thin blades. Low down they would be average.
            You sound like the guy who is mad you did not think of it first.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by AllDodge View Post
              I sent boat test and email asking for explanation on the test, same thing I did last year on another test which never received a response, but who knows maybe they will this time
              Did you ? Excellent. Haha.
              before that test...I always had the idea that they were a straight up and neutral review source. But a few of you guys suggested different previously. I now totally agree.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by QBhoy View Post

                Very good point. Well said.
                the hell cat is what it is. Isn’t afraid to line up against the competition when all is equal. Haha.
                cant say the same for the sharrow in this test, at least !
                What competition?

                Comment


                • #53
                  Who doesn't think this is the silliest post ever. People are all bent out of shape about a proto-type prop. Then there are the people who are so dedicated to the prop they own thay can't see past it. News flash people your props will be obsolete in 10 yrs because it is the nature of things to get better. I pose this question to the prop fanboys out there.
                  What will you do when your prop becomes obsolete?

                  #1 nervous breakdown
                  #2 Stop boating altogether
                  #3 buy all NOS stock available
                  #4 letter writing campaign demanding they produce your prop again.
                  #5 Stay in bed and refuse to get up.
                  #6 start a pinterest page about your prop
                  #7 load up your facebook with selfies of you and your prop.?
                  #8 Sue sharrow for emotional distress when the prop goes into production.

                  If you answered yes to one or more of those questions you might need help

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by flyingscott View Post

                    What competition?
                    You’re making me laugh flyingscott, as always.

                    I’ll play along haha. Do you mean what competition for the hellcat ?

                    On the hellcat. I’d love one. But most of the European out the box fast cars would see it off on a drag strip, even though they aren’t designed to. Being fair though....the European cars would be a hell of a lot more expensive. Something to consider. I’d love one either way. Just that to get one here...the money I would have to pay...I’d be as well buying a McLaren.
                    I think maybe even the new Audi RS6 big family wagon would see it off down the quarter mile now.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	80114348_2937383592946968_2557007220600471552_n.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	10821478 Fancy prop has a mighty fancy price tag


                      4500 & 9K.... is that in rubles? Might be worth it if it is.... $0.016 Ruble/USD
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by jbcurt00; December 24th, 2019, 04:16 AM.
                      Money spent @ Boat Restoration should be measured in Smiles & Pride SHOP IBOATS-BOAT SPECS-FORUM HELP-REPAIR/RESTO

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        I'll buy one for 72 bucks. 4500 clams for an unproven prop design, no way! One biased "test" doesn't do it for me.
                        BOAT SPECS | FORUM HELP | STARCRAFT FORUM | SHOP iBoats
                        Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
                        That is what the forums are for.
                        Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          And some Posters were complaining about how Pricey the Outdated/Obsolete Enertia is

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Surely that can’t be right. Oh my god.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Boat test never responded to my email, same as last time
                              94 Formula 27PC Custom 509MPI MEFI3 , B3 XR
                              95 Rinker 232 w/ 7.4L Carb 0F425011 B1 0F486471
                              07 Seadoo GTX
                              Merc Adults Only VP Adults Only
                              G-Dad always said "First Liar doesn't stand a chance"

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Sign up today
                                Originally posted by QBhoy View Post
                                Surely that can’t be right. Oh my god.
                                Yes it is. This company has no clue about running a start-up business, especially trying to sell in a recreational market. The AL props are 15" D x 15, 17, 19 and 21" pitch for 100-250 HP.

                                Where are the props for high performance boats where they have a chance to sell some? Oh - Go buy an SS version and give up the other nugget!

                                Also a 3 year extended protection plan goes for $675 for AL, higher, much higher for stainless..


                                Click image for larger version

Name:	sharrowprice.png
Views:	1
Size:	346.8 KB
ID:	10821518
                                BOAT SPECS | FORUM HELP | STARCRAFT FORUM | SHOP iBoats
                                Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
                                That is what the forums are for.
                                Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X