No announcement yet.

The wait is over. Sharrow prop test.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally got to see the prop test. It's an infomercial for sure, a fairly boring one at that. I may have missed the data. Does that Sharrow prop have more, less or the same surface area than the same diameter 3 blade props? I think they said "Sharrow prop" 1000 times.

Something I noticed. Doesn't Michigan have boats to test? You can't swing a Cat in Michigan without hitting a boat. The Bayliner they tested has New Jersey registration I.D. on the hull. They trailered a boat all the way from NJ? Maybe they piloted it there through The Welland Canal and right past our shack by the sea.
    Last edited by Old Ironmaker; October 21st, 2019, 11:28 AM.
    Experience is a lifetime of mistakes, wisdom is not making them again.

Comment

I would like to see it compared to a 4bl prop and hi5 as well, their biggest point seemed to be that it is more efficient at pushing a bow wave and getting on plane sooner. Being a so called 6bl of course it will be more efficient in a high load use, because it can push more water.
      1985 4Winns Horizon 170 w/Merc 470

Comment

Originally posted by Bikestdy View Post
        I would like to see it compared to a 4bl prop and hi5 as well, their biggest point seemed to be that it is more efficient at pushing a bow wave and getting on plane sooner. Being a so called 6bl of course it will be more efficient in a high load use, because it can push more water.
        The high 5 wouldn’t stand up to even a good ally black max for pace.
        as for a 6 blade pushing more water. Not sure that theory is sound. Less blades the better, if physics and hydrodynamics have anything to say about it.
        not sure this is considered a 6 blade ? Is it ? Anyway. The test annoys me. They reviewed another almost identical hull with the same engine. The weight within a few pounds too. They used a 18” for that set up. At nearly 50 mph recorded. Why use a 15” here ?

Comment

They are just trying to create some Hype to get the prop some Exposure, and hopefully some preorders

Comment

Originally posted by jimmbo View Post
            They are just trying to create some Hype to get the prop some Exposure, and hopefully some preorders
            Correct. Can’t beat real world testing. No way that would stand up to a well pitched enertia from mid range to wot. Not a chance.

Comment

A propeller, is in all reality, just an unhoused Water Pump Impeller. How well it is able to push water backwards is the result of how well its Designers understand the Laws of Physics, proper selection of Materials, and correct selection for the Application.

Comment

Working...
              X