Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimmbo View Post

The Prop is interesting, but the Video is Pathetic
    Ayuh,..... No longer available in the op,..... hada go to youtube to view it,..... pathetic for sure,......

Saw this below it,.......
    "Comments are turned off"

Looks overly engineered, 'n would be a bytch to grind on or polish,.....
    Never get it repaired, nobody would have pitch blocks for it,.....

Comment

I kinda like the fact that after all these years someone has decided to try and design a new prop. It's a lot better design then the shifting props with springs and weights
      2004 Caravelle 187

Comment

Originally posted by flyingscott View Post
        Why are people so bent out of shape about this prop? It looks like the testing of a prototype, not production model.
        It’s a real thing. Be on sale imminently.
        my issue is that it’s not a test using any real good props or the right pitch for the boat.

Comment

What I liked about the test was the fact they kept the pitch , boat , motor and weight all the same. Only difference was the make of the prop.
          2004 Caravelle 187

Comment

First prop is a Michigan wheel apollo. I paused it and saw the p/n. Second prop is definitely an enertia. A little confusing because at one point when they referred to it, they showed the Apollo.

the planing test was a bit silly. Most people rev the engine up past the target rpm and pull it back. So the planing test was totally skewed in favor of the new prop.

boattest is notorious for for running these “ultra scientific tests” that always turn up the result the test sponsor wants.

1990 Wellcraft Eclipse 196
            Mercruiser Vortec 4.3 0M322285
            Alpha gen 1

Comment

It’s the 15” prop that’s the silly bit, haha. Yeah it’s defo an enertia. Not an eco. Looked it up, they don’t come in 15”. Most enertia I know of that work well have a smaller diameter though.

Comment

Perhaps someone at iboats can get ahold of one and do some testing
                2004 Caravelle 187

Comment

I volunteer. Need an Mercury/Quicksilver compatible 11 spline, 10 3/4" X 10 or 11" pitch.

I may give the first testimonial which is sorely lacking on their smoke and mirrors website.
                  BOAT SPECS | FORUM HELP | STARCRAFT FORUM | SHOP iBoats
                  Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
                  That is what the forums are for.
                  Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

Comment

Boattest.com has an interesting review:

https://boattest.com/review/sharrow-...ing/3986_props
                    Location: West Central Illinois, USA 1997 Larson 186 SEi Bowrider I/O Mercruiser 350 #0F747565 Mag Alpha One Gen II #1A270120 Transom and Deck Restoration Project on my '97 Larson Bowrider

Comment

The boat test review is what started the thread, or did I miss something
                      94 Formula 27PC Custom 509MPI MEFI3 , B3 XR
                      95 Rinker 232 w/ 7.4L Carb 0F425011 B1 0F486471
                      07 Seadoo GTX
                      Merc Adults Only VP Adults Only
                      G-Dad always said "First Liar doesn't stand a chance"

Comment

Originally posted by AllDodge View Post
                        The boat test review is what started the thread, or did I miss something
                        No you didn't

Boat test.com sent out an email this morning about their "Most Extensive Test', with the same patheticly flawed Video

Comment

Guys,

just sit back and relax, grab a beer if you got one, we all know QBhoy will have to buy one so we can see a very detailed test vs enertia and laser II next spring.

I look forward to it!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott06 View Post
                            Guys,

just sit back and relax, grab a beer if you got one, we all know QBhoy will have to buy one so we can see a very detailed test vs enertia and laser II next spring.

I look forward to it!
                            Haha. You know me well...it will need to wait though.
                            I just got myself a new 20” enertia for the outboard cuddy !! Wish me luck.

Comment

Mmm. Busted. Literally almost identical boat in weight and size. Boattest review. Strange they run an 18” enertia with the same engine and almost like for like boat.
                              also notice the huge difference in wot speed too.

pull the other one boattest. So disappointed

Comment

Forgot to add the link.

https://youtu.be/oLwhxpX3JME

Comment

Working...
                                X