Mercury Laser II hub question

deepghosh

Cadet
Hey guys, so I just bought a laser ii prop on ebay and it stated it came with a flo torque hub. However when I received the prop it looks like a pressed rubber hub? It came with a thrust washer and some other large washer (pic attached) and nothing else. I fitted the thrust washer, prop, and other washer on my mercruiser outdrive and it goes on fine, but is a locking tab needed? It doesn't look like my black max prop that I'm replacing that has an interchangeable hub

Attachments

• photo320879.jpg
    photo320879.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo320880.jpg
    photo320880.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 0

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Might be a Solid Hub, or a very thin rubber hub. Need a pic of the other end

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
What size is it and I’ll tell you if it’s ok. There are two laser 2. One for outboards up to about 125hp and one for bigger V6 outboards and sterndrive. Exception being the command thrust etc.

deepghosh

Cadet
What size is it and I’ll tell you if it’s ok. There are two laser 2. One for outboards up to about 125hp and one for bigger V6 outboards and sterndrive. Exception being the command thrust etc.

14x19p

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral

That’s for the bigger gearcase...alpha one and traditionally V6 135 and above. Some CT and Bigfoot too.
Fine for an alpha one but it’s likely the older laser 2 with square vent ports and a pressed hub by the looks.

deepghosh

Cadet
That’s for the bigger gearcase...alpha one and traditionally V6 135 and above. Some CT and Bigfoot too.
Fine for an alpha one but it’s likely the older laser 2 with square vent ports and a pressed hub by the looks.

That's the weird part... it has the newer circular vents which I thought only came with the flo torq hub. Maybe the previous owner had a rubber hub pressed in? I have the 4.75 gearcase 135hp alpha one gen ii, should be fine right?

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
That's the weird part... it has the newer circular vents which I thought only came with the flo torq hub. Maybe the previous owner had a rubber hub pressed in? I have the 4.75 gearcase 135hp alpha one gen ii, should be fine right?

The prop is fine. Just weird that it’s not a flo torq. Usually the reason for having another hub in a merc prop is to make it suit another brand.